Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 s10 pu/ speaker questions

oldmanneedshelp
01-24-2005, 07:30 PM
what is the max depth i can fit here in the door panels ?
Thinking of buying some Bose 6.5's that has a depth of 2-3/16"
Will they work ?
before i shell out the moolah, ya ya ya

dmbrisket 51
01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
take the door pannel off, take the speaker off and use a tape measure, make sure window is down, 2" doesnt seam deep, use that factory pod that the factory speakers are in and you should be good

oldmanneedshelp
01-25-2005, 05:04 PM
take the door pannel off, take the speaker off and use a tape measure, make sure window is down, 2" doesnt seam deep, use that factory pod that the factory speakers are in and you should be good
Well cheese and rice O MY ROD why didnt i think of that ! !
GO FIGURE. THOUGHT someone might no that recently installed some aftermarkets ! DUH

movin2stereo
01-25-2005, 07:56 PM
I put Alpines in mine and they cleared no problem.I believe they have the same measurement as yours.

dmbrisket 51
01-25-2005, 09:58 PM
well if you wanted to be a lazy ass and not have to put any thought and effort into this, then you could either 1. pick the speakers that say "for gm use" on them or call the local dealer and ask, they should know to, but hey, asken random people online is a good way too!

oldmanneedshelp
01-30-2005, 08:32 AM
well if you wanted to be a lazy ass and not have to put any thought and effort into this, then you could either 1. pick the speakers that say "for gm use" on them or call the local dealer and ask, they should know to, but hey, asken random people online is a good way too!
Lazy ass huh !
no try paralized from the waist down.
Now dont you feel like a idiot

movin2stereo
01-30-2005, 11:09 AM
I just looked up my 6 1/2 Alpine specs and the top mounting depth is 2 1/4,so you should be alright.

oldmanneedshelp
01-30-2005, 11:30 AM
I just looked up my 6 1/2 Alpine specs and the top mounting depth is 2 1/4,so you should be alright.

Thank-you for your time, Now We can get started on the install !
thx again

dmbrisket 51
01-30-2005, 12:00 PM
if your realy paralized, then lets see a pic of your steeringwheel

OverBoardProject
01-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Doing the replacement might be kinda tough with limited mobility.

After just fracturing my back 18 months ago I still have problems with that sort of thing at times.

movin2stereo
01-30-2005, 07:33 PM
C'mon,is that really needed? :nono:

OverBoardProject
01-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Movin2 I just looked at your Geo pic's, and would like to see what you could do with a new mini.

If someone ever lets you customize 1 can you send me the pics

movin2stereo
01-31-2005, 05:30 AM
Movin2 I just looked at your Geo pic's, and would like to see what you could do with a new mini.

If someone ever lets you customize 1 can you send me the pics
I would like to have one to do that to. :naughty: Where I live though,I doubt I will ever get the chance to do one.Thanks for the props though. :) :)

sector95
01-31-2005, 02:43 PM
what is the max depth i can fit here in the door panels ?
Thinking of buying some Bose 6.5's that has a depth of 2-3/16"
Will they work ?
before i shell out the moolah, ya ya ya

...even easier then pulling off your door panels: go to www.crutchfield.com

They have an *extensive* database of what will fit and where. Used to be in their catalogs but now is online. If you've never dealt with them before they are *GREAT*. Any and all adapters and special mounting hardware is available for your specific application.

...check 'em out.

mike

movin2stereo
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
...even easier then pulling off your door panels: go to www.crutchfield.com

They have an *extensive* database of what will fit and where. Used to be in their catalogs but now is online. If you've never dealt with them before they are *GREAT*. Any and all adapters and special mounting hardware is available for your specific application.

...check 'em out.

mike
Good point.I used them many times for the info,but never bought from them before.Their prices suck! :mad:

BlazerLT
02-01-2005, 01:55 AM

That is just wrong.

OverBoardProject
02-01-2005, 01:59 AM
I didn't think it was even worth commenting on

dmbrisket 51
02-01-2005, 12:43 PM
well my older cousin came back a parapalegic, and if he is someone that is just trying to make me feel bad to win an argument then no, i dont think its just wrong, if he is searious and is parapoligic, i am truly apologetic and sorry.

OverBoardProject
02-01-2005, 11:36 PM
well my older cousin came back a parapalegic, and if he is someone that is just trying to make me feel bad to win an argument then no, i dont think its just wrong, if he is searious and is parapoligic, i am truly apologetic and sorry.

There are some things that no one would ever joke about, and a permant disability is one of them

dmbrisket 51
02-02-2005, 10:12 AM
i would realy hope not, but how often do you hear people say thats retarted??? Thats a problem that was usualy no way possible of being prevented, im talking a birth defect not the guy who sniffed spray paint back in the 60's and did it to himselfe. some people think some sick, demented and twisted things are funy, i apologize if ive offended any one in this thread

BlazerLT
02-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Ok, apology has been given, let's get back on topic.

Add your comment to this topic!