Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stripping Paint

SkylineMan32
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I ordered a Tamiya R33 Skyline from EWA like a year ago, and dove into it. I even took it to Florida with a case of Tamiya greys to do the interior. The body however was horribly messed up, It was a crappy spray job of red, I wasn't a good painter when I did it, then I accidentally sprayed orange onto the hood, and had to paint it again, so the paint it really thick. Then I tried to the panel lines with a fine sharpie. Mistake, then I touched up someplaces with Testors red from a jar, wrong red. It has good decals on it, but I don't care anymore. I want to strip it down all the way to the white plastic it used to be, and maybee do a bodykit... I just started deep dishing its wheels using gti1800's tutorial. (For those who haven't done it, its hard) THe chassis is Rustoleum black, and assembled, but I am going to repaint certain parts with a brush to tamiyas instruction specs. It had a custom muffler, but I want to take off the whole exhaust and do a custom one. Finally I have never weathered a chassis, I want to try it. Can anyone help me with my problems (stripping paint, and weathering?)

freakray
01-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Stripping paint = covered in Car Modelling FAQ.

Weathering = covered in 'How To' section

SkylineMan32
01-25-2005, 07:11 PM
thanks

SkylineMan32
01-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Wait i looked at the weathering how to, and thats rusting, I want to make my car dirty

freakmech
01-25-2005, 07:29 PM
search weathering then, please

Add your comment to this topic!