Page updated on 11-19-2017

Internet Price Quotes from Dealers

brandon_k_w
01-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I just did an internet price quote from one of my local dealers for a 2002 Toyota Tacoma. The internet sales dept. then sent me an email saying that the vehicle is $11,988, which is a good price.

Question is, if I go to the dealership, do you think they'll show me a higher price than what I got from the email? Their website says that I need to contact the Internet Sales Dept. for their price, but I find that confusing, because should the Internet Sales Dept. and the On-The-Lot Dealers offer the same price?

Thank you

dks1025
02-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I just did an internet price quote from one of my local dealers for a 2002 Toyota Tacoma. The internet sales dept. then sent me an email saying that the vehicle is $11,988, which is a good price.

Question is, if I go to the dealership, do you think they'll show me a higher price than what I got from the email? Their website says that I need to contact the Internet Sales Dept. for their price, but I find that confusing, because should the Internet Sales Dept. and the On-The-Lot Dealers offer the same price?

Thank you

If it were me I would go to the dealer and haggle with a salesman first. If you don't get a better price than you did on the Internet then whip out your email copy and tell them you want that price. Not much they could say about it then.

dealerkilla
02-03-2005, 08:24 AM
You have to watch out for dealerships. The price the internet department gave you is the same price anybody there can give. They want to make you feel like you received a special deal, because you used the internet. You need to be careful what dealer you go to. When I was buying a car for my sister we did a background check on the dealership on a website called mydealerreport.com and then we went into the dealership we select. I believe we received a great deal.

tom3
02-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Tried this route when we last bought. Got three quotes from different dealers on their inventory, went to look at one and they didn't have it, sold it a week before they quoted the price. Anything to get you on the lot I guess. Guess car sales are the same on the net as always.

Add your comment to this topic!