Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Used Gunk to clean TB, should I have replaced gasket?

NineTwoAccord
03-13-2002, 11:06 AM
I have 150k miles, and used some standard Gunk TB cleaner. Sprayed it while it was running, everything went fine but in hind site I am wondering if I should have replaced the gasket. Would Gunk have deteriated my gasket?

NineTwoAccord
03-15-2002, 05:03 PM
i guess big wings and colored stickers are to important...get rid of those damn LED windshield lights too.

WEAK!

Phat_Si
03-15-2002, 08:55 PM
HUH???

89ssgti
03-15-2002, 09:38 PM
I don't think you need to replace the gasket,your 2nd post is disturbing:)

fritz_269
03-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Are you talking about Gunk "Fuel Injection Air Intake Cleaner"?
http://www.gunk.com/prodinfo/M4712_6.PDF

If so, you'll have no problem with the gasket. (Actually, I can't imagine anything advertised for throttle body cleaning would damage the gasket.)

I'm just wondering why you had the engine running when you did this. The directions state that the engine should be off and cool. I don't really think it would hurt anything, just won't be as effective (no time to soak in).
:cool:

NineTwoAccord
03-18-2002, 03:12 PM
whats up fritz. actually it was gumout my bad. i did this about this time last year, following Drifts instructions way back on PH (RIP). The gumout also said to have the car running, and use a half can.

i ask this question because i was reading on sr20deforum.com that using a strong degreaser will eat the intake manifold gasket...checking validity

89ssgti, thanks for the reply. my second post was because i posted my question and it kept getting bumped down with no replies and all i saw anyone talking about was talking about mods like exhaust and wings. so i had to vent :P thanks again for the reply

PH mem since July 2000

Add your comment to this topic!