2000 Honda Accord V6 cylinder misfire

kathy1
01-24-2005, 09:51 AM
My 2000 Honda Accord v6 has the check engine light that stays on; I've had it hooked up @ the state inspection place & they say that there are multiple cylider misfires. The local Honda dealership stated that the valves need to be adjusted, I had that done. I've also had a tune up. ( my car only has about 80,000 miles on it. The light is still on. Also whenever I have to accelerate quickly, the check engine light blinks & my car seems to have trouble accelerating at a quick rate. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Help!

Deadhead
01-24-2005, 04:54 PM
you might want to have your spark plug wires checked out and your distributer

lorunner
01-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Well when the CEC flashes that means your doing damage to the cat so STOP!!!

Get it fixed before you need a cat too.

The plugs on that car are platinum and good for 105k so if you had them replaced already that may be you problem. If they aren't NGK plugs then they are crap. I have seen many people put Bosch plugs in wich i can't understand a Bosch plug is for a German car and Hondas aren't German. The bosches also cause misfires over a period of time. So check that first.

Wires souldn't be replaced on Hondas unless they are bad. If they are aftermarket than that may be your problem also. However i do believe that by then Honda has gone to individual coils. I could be wrong though.

So give me a little more info on the tune-up stuff and we will get to the bottum of this.

tim96460
03-21-2007, 09:43 PM
I am having same problem with a vehicle at work. Cyl 2-6 missfire and multiple. Distributor less ignition. Yep Bosch platnum suk ballz. I am thinking cam sensor hoping #1 cyl is fired by crank and 2-6 the cam. Anyone care to add?
I am the 3rd person working on this vehicle, I have 20 years plus on auto and aircraft (Pro). Hate workin for free.

Thanx.
Tim

Add your comment to this topic!