what size exhaust is best.

gts4guy
01-24-2005, 08:46 AM
i just bought my 93' gts4 about 4months back and its stock with a pod filter. obviously she needs some beefing up so firstly im going for intercooler,exhaust and boost controller. alls fine except for exhaust were im gettin told different stories. a few people have said to go 4inch off the turbo into 3 inch staight through and others sayin that the 4inch wont fit off the turbo n would be too big anyway. anyone that has already come across this or can give me a heads up on whats best?.
cheers.

Mustang-man
02-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure about what is best but i have a 3" muffler/tip thingy on mine and it bought a wee performance boost. :)

Derby
02-11-2005, 03:29 AM
Just wondering. Do any of you guys ever think about brakes. Uprated brakes i mean.
All i see is bigger turbo housings, larger IC's, other injectors. All power related. But brakes, haven't seen that in a long time.
And don't tell me the stock brakes fitted are more then enough to stop all that power...
I'll take the bet that a 450hp car with uprated brakes (i mean some serious AP racing stuff or any other brand) can beat 650/700 hp car with stock brakes on a circuit.

Oh and about the exhaust. If your car has a turbo a exhaust isn't needed. A turbo is a muffler on it own.

Derby

No offence ofcourse. I didn't post this here for flaming one person orso.

Mustang-man
02-12-2005, 05:20 AM
The only performance modification on my Skyline is the exhaust, everything else (apart from 1" bigger wheels) is completely stock, even the stereo/CD Player.

It is going to stay stock too because i'm restoring it.

But when i'm rich and famous i'll be buying a two door manual GTS-25 (R32) and modifying that (keeping it NA though, one turbo car is enough - until i get a Godzilla).

Having the exhaust has increased performance a little and it also makes this awesome sound. It doesn't look too bad either. :)

Hossain_Trance101
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey, did u guys know that performance exhausts reduce the 0-40km/h acceleration in non-turbo vehicles (it goes faster after that)? Sometimes, u wd also find the actual exhaust is small (abt 2.5 or 3") but they enlarge the tip at the end so it looks bigger.

240Z_Master
05-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey, did u guys know that performance exhausts reduce the 0-40km/h acceleration in non-turbo vehicles (it goes faster after that)? Sometimes, u wd also find the actual exhaust is small (abt 2.5 or 3") but they enlarge the tip at the end so it looks bigger.

With bigger piping on a Non-Turbo, it usually reduces back pressure thus reducing low end, but top end it has better air flow and produces enough pressure so you might get better top end. (2.5" should do fine, 3" might be too large unless it's some huge motor)

For turbo wise, turbos usually produce enough of their own backpressure and should probably use 3" piping and muffler is up to you. Get it?

Add your comment to this topic!