Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Loctronics alarm system

foureyedbuzzard
01-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi all,
I recently bought a car with a "Locktronics" brand alarm system. The previous owner is not available and I have no manuals on its operation. This alarm has a small "key" with a protruding printed circuit connector that has six connections. This inserts into a port mounted under the dash. The remote keyless entry fobs that came with the vehicle are from "Checkmate" and are three button type. Does anyone here know how this thing/system works? The 1-800-759-lock phone number for Locktronics seems to be disconnected and I can't find a website. I gather the Locktronics key has to be in place to operate the vehicle, but I'm afraid of pushing the wrong buttons on the fob and arming a system I know nothing about, or worse, disabling the car!

HELP!!!

pw981
01-24-2005, 05:18 AM
i think if this alarm system is similar to my LASERLINE alarm system, that extra fob wot plugs into the underside dash is incase your battery on the remote dies and u need to open the doors manually, then disable the alarm with that fob by plugging it in the thing under the dash or something! your remote has three buttons, i am guessing that one is to lock and unlock, one may be a panic button which triggers the alarm and one may do nothing... it can be programmed to do a variety of functions. hope this helped

foureyedbuzzard
01-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks for replying. I'll probably just try playing with it at an opportune time - when I don't truly need the car for a few days...

Add your comment to this topic!