Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HICAS Light

Dragon GTR
01-23-2005, 03:48 AM
About a week ago my Hicas light started coming on. After I've driven for a little while it goes off. I read the other post about the the MOMO steering wheel and yes my car does have one but it was on the car when I bought it a year ago so I don't think thats the problem. I read somewhere that when the Hicas light comes on that the AWD is not working. It that true? Is there anyway I can go about finding out what's wrong with my car it's a 1990 GTS-4.

han
02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
the hicas light will engage if you have been doin some highways driving ....... eg i went on a long trip and after travelling over 80km p/hour for more than 20 mins the light will come on . it just indicates that highway all wheel steer has been activated. it is not a warning light as warning lights are red, not orange. hope this helps you out ! hannah

Mustang-man
02-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Really? I have a 1990 GTS-4 also but never get the HICAS light (i don't think?). I sometimes get the 4WD light, but i just stop, turn the car off and then back on and the light has turned off. :cool:

SkylineUSA
02-18-2005, 10:59 AM
My HICAS comes on too when I have gone on a straight road for over 10 miles.

HICAS has nothing to do with the ATTESSA(4wd System)

stuartlaw_78
03-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi all...

I had my car in for repair yesterday due to a car accident... *Other guy hit me - $2,600 damage!* Anywho....
I was asking him about the HICAS light and he was certain that is DID relate to the 4 wheel steering on the cars.... I never get that light on my car, even when I drive in a straight line for long periods of time or going through the hills... etc... never...

Doughnutdemon
04-11-2005, 10:17 PM
ATTESA = 4 wheel drive
HICAS = 4 wheel steering

HICAS light flickering = low power steering fluid or low battery voltage.

hahapauli
04-29-2005, 05:22 AM
I just brough my new 1991 GTS-T home...um...to the service centre from the dealer...HICAS light is ALWAYS on...what would the problem be............
car is really excellent...BUT being in a non skyline country may...not have been serviced ...as it should

SkylineUSA
05-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Hi all...

I had my car in for repair yesterday due to a car accident... *Other guy hit me - $2,600 damage!* Anywho....
I was asking him about the HICAS light and he was certain that is DID relate to the 4 wheel steering on the cars.... I never get that light on my car, even when I drive in a straight line for long periods of time or going through the hills... etc... never...

Check your HICAS light bulb, it might be missing :)

hahapauli
05-08-2005, 06:53 AM
the light is always ON...and I've had the opportunity...to drive from ''cold start'' since...and the steering is ''heavy for a few hundred metres...seems to be a leak...in hose from...
steering fluid bottle.......
I think that could be the problem...though refilling it...don't make no difference...I don't seem to have
''the second steering fluid bottle in the ''trunk''...I think that could be the problem...HELL...lights and stuff are going on/off all the time...it was sitting for a while before I got it...
perhaps the problem lies there...It's got dusk and dirt ''everywhere...maybe that's the source of the trouble...BUT it does have the original steering wheel...so that ain't
the reason the LIGHT is always on...
I really have no idea...the manual...is coming from Australia..then perhaps...I can figure it out...
ANYone know the best/and best price HICAS eliminator...
THe stripes on the sides are gone...and soon the ''boy racer wing will be gone too...THIS is a great car

Add your comment to this topic!