Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Head Light Problems?

sflsurfer
01-22-2005, 06:44 PM
What's Up Guys,
I have a 2000 Ford F-150 and tonight my head lights stopped working. Checked fuses/relays under dash board, fine. When you turn the switch on the parking/running lights work, break lights work, everythings works except the head lights! They were fine w/o any indecation something was wrong, then... I would hate to have to start replacing the lights just as a trouble shooter, any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
sflsurfer

yotermanic
01-22-2005, 06:54 PM
I'd check the switch. remove the switch from the dash and keep it connected to the wiring harness. Find source voltage, now turn the park lights on to find the park light circuit. Now, turn the headlights on to see if any other wires get voltage. The headlamps work on a circuit independant of the park lamps usually.

sflsurfer
01-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will try that (had not thought about troubleshooting that way) I did think about the parking lights being on a different circute than the head lights, which is why I checked out the main relay for all the fuses in that section, but like I said, all others are fine. Let you know tomorrow if your suggestion works out. Have to wait till morning to get the voltage thingamagiggy. LOL!

twisted_axel
01-27-2005, 10:36 AM
every owner should either have a chilton or a haynes manual or both but you could get a wiring diagram from online of the switch and anything in between.

did anything else stop working at the same time ie radio heater wipers let me know i'm me here or yahoo i'll try and help as much as i can

Akira13126
01-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Check the dimmer switch. Cause on my truck all the power for the head lights go thu the dimmer switch to the lamps.

Add your comment to this topic!