Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Abs

tymebomb
01-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Hello all.
New to this site, I had a question.
I have a 2001 Z24 5-spd
I just recently washed it, wheels still packed with snow from the deep freeze we just had. Anyways, I come out of the was and the ABS light comes on, after shutting it off, I let it sit for a few turned it back on and the ABS light was gone. After about 6 mi of driving it came back on and has been on since. Could all the snow and ice behind the wheels messed something up? or is the sensor frozen from the wash? anything else other then a wheel speed or abs sensor? how much do these repairs cost from GM as I work for a GM dealer and get parts and labor at cost. Any info would be great, just so I know what I am looking at spending. Also still covered under GMPP total plus!!!

Thanks
Bill

noshun
01-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Hello all.
New to this site, I had a question.
I have a 2001 Z24 5-spd
I just recently washed it, wheels still packed with snow from the deep freeze we just had. Anyways, I come out of the was and the ABS light comes on, after shutting it off, I let it sit for a few turned it back on and the ABS light was gone. After about 6 mi of driving it came back on and has been on since. Could all the snow and ice behind the wheels messed something up? or is the sensor frozen from the wash? anything else other then a wheel speed or abs sensor? how much do these repairs cost from GM as I work for a GM dealer and get parts and labor at cost. Any info would be great, just so I know what I am looking at spending. Also still covered under GMPP total plus!!!

Thanks
Bill

Could be that the sensors are just covered with snow or ice. You could try cleaning them!

Classicrocjunkie
01-23-2005, 10:33 PM
^^ agreed.. also there are sensors on the front wheels. Make sure they are all plugged in and nothing has gotten inside them

noshun
01-23-2005, 10:38 PM
^^ agreed.. also there are sensors on the front wheels. Make sure they are all plugged in and nothing has gotten inside them

Or if you want to fix it quick go to wal mart and get 6 second abs!!!

Classicrocjunkie
01-23-2005, 10:47 PM
HA HA.... Did you ever see " there somthing about mary?" Its 7 min abs, same work out but in a minute quicker.. not 6 min ...hell if your blinkers are having problems why not pick up some synthetic blinker fluid while your at it...

noshun
01-24-2005, 10:08 AM
HA HA.... Did you ever see " there somthing about mary?" Its 7 min abs, same work out but in a minute quicker.. not 6 min ...hell if your blinkers are having problems why not pick up some synthetic blinker fluid while your at it...

Yeah and Wal Mart sells 'Six Second Abs' Now!

Classicrocjunkie
01-24-2005, 10:40 AM
NO SHIT.... ** darts to walmart like a fly to a fresh pile of dog shit**

bells2783
01-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey all...

You guys actually sound like you know what you're talking about, unlike the other car forums I've tried to find where everyone's as clueless as the next.
Anywho, I have a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire that I just bought used a few months ago, and just yesterday my ABS and Trac Off lights came on, and also the Service light.

If anyone can tell me what's up with this, I'd be SO grateful. My car didn't have an owner's manual when I bought it and I'm pretty damn broke... bah!

Please e-mail me at bells2783@comcast.net if you have any information, thank you!!!

Add your comment to this topic!