Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

changeing plugs in a 6 cyclender 97 malibu

jeremy 7
01-22-2005, 03:04 PM
i want to change the plugs in my 97 malibu the front 3 are easy but the back... wow how do i get to them???????!!!

Alan Desmoro
01-23-2005, 02:35 PM
i want to change the plugs in my 97 malibu the front 3 are easy but the back... wow how do i get to them???????!!!

its seems the best way is from under the car or you have to remove the front engine mount to twist the motor foward so you can slip your hand betwen the firewall and you dont see nothing at all.

jeremy 7
01-23-2005, 09:22 PM
its seems the best way is from under the car or you have to remove the front engine mount to twist the motor foward so you can slip your hand betwen the firewall and you dont see nothing at all.
yea i was thinking of that but i was hoping for an easier way some "trick" or something.thanks for the reply.

peterdash69
02-02-2005, 04:14 PM
you dont have to move anything you just need a long extension with the elbow socket (a socket that looks like an elbow and you can put your 5/8 socket at the end)

bcopeland
03-16-2005, 08:32 AM
There might be only one that will be difficult to reach and that would be the one closest to the passenger side in the back.

mamachipy
03-16-2005, 01:13 PM
I did mine two months ago and it was easy with a swivel (elbow) and a couple of short extensions. Use the swivel to break them loose and then use the short extension on the plug socket and turn it out by hand. I only used the ratchet to tighten and loosen them up. It took about 30 min for all six. No need to take anything apart.

Add your comment to this topic!