Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlamps

thunder440
01-22-2005, 02:11 PM
I need to know how to change the headlamps on a 1998 malibu, before i go crazy

gapboi210
01-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Look on top of the whole headlamp assembly. There are two black tabs one on each side of the headlight on top. I have an '01 and they are black, i heard they may be a different color for your model. The tabs pull up. They might be difficult but they will pop up. Once you get both tabs up, pull the entire headlight assembly straight out as in towrds the front of the car. Unplug the headlight harness in the back and the headlight bulbs twists out of the socket.

thunder440
01-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Look on top of the whole headlamp assembly. There are two black tabs one on each side of the headlight on top. I have an '01 and they are black, i heard they may be a different color for your model. The tabs pull up. They might be difficult but they will pop up. Once you get both tabs up, pull the entire headlight assembly straight out as in towrds the front of the car. Unplug the headlight harness in the back and the headlight bulbs twists out of the socket.
thanx,,,, i found them,,,, too bad the car parts place gave me the wrong one,,,, anyway i got it done ,,,, many blessings on you

Add your comment to this topic!