99 chevey blazer

jayj005
01-21-2005, 05:55 PM
i am having problems trying to figure out why the 20 amp fuse on the atc keeps blowing..

BlazerLT
01-21-2005, 06:00 PM
atc?

jayj005
01-21-2005, 06:05 PM
i am having problems trying to figure out why the 20 amp fuse on the atc keeps blowing..

I am sorry I may have gotten it wrong I am trying to help my husband he is try to figure out what is going on with this blazer he is working on.

he has replaced transfer case encoder motor and tccm. And he still has 20 amp atc fuse blowing intermianly.

BlazerLT
01-21-2005, 06:08 PM
What does ATC mean?

Turbocpe
01-21-2005, 06:14 PM
There is a fuse labled ATC in the fuse block underneath the hood, rated at 20AMP. Is that the fuse you are talking about? If so, it is for the Transfer Case Control Module, according to the GM service manual.

Are you having problems with the 4x4?

jayj005
01-21-2005, 06:16 PM
What does ATC mean?

auto transfer case

jayj005
01-21-2005, 06:23 PM
There is a fuse labled ATC in the fuse block underneath the hood, rated at 20AMP. Is that the fuse you are talking about? If so, it is for the Transfer Case Control Module, according to the GM service manual.

Are you having problems with the 4x4?

yes that is the fuse He is talking about. He is on his way in from work but he said that the 4x4 is working but the fuse keeps blowing

BlazerLT
01-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Has to be a dead short in the wiring going to the transfer case.

phantomotaku
02-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I knew it wasnt just me that had this problem.....exact same thing is happeing to my 99 blazer. to shed alittle more light on this..ATC stands for automatic transfer case ...the 20 amp fuse is located in the fuse relay box under the hood on the drivers side.

basically this went out on me I found the fuse was blown I went to go replace the fuse and as soon as I put the new fuse in it blows (this is with the vehicle off...no key in the ignition nothing) and I realize that this is a dead short but can someone tell me to how to fix this or is this something best left to a shop or dealership ?

BlazerLT
02-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Trace the wiring. That is how you find a bad short.

phantomotaku
03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Trace the wiring. That is how you find a bad short.

Grr now that there was a day free of rain I went out and traced the wiring harness from the tccm all the way to the fuse relay under the hood. everything looked good from the connectors to the wires. the only thing I found amiss was the ground that comes off the harness and grounds out on a bolt on the air box. The ground was not bolted down like it should have been...I replaced the bolt and replaced (yet another) 20 amp blade fuse. hooked my battery back up and.....zap went the fuse.

Could anything else cause this problem? Perhaps a bad Transfer Case Control Moudule (TCCM)? I'm just about to shell out the money and take it to a shop.

Any ideals would be great.

Jack2sam
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Unplug TCCM use a Digital Volt Meter or any ohm meter and check each wire coming out and into the TCCM. Then follow any wire that measures a short or close to a short.

blazee
02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Check the dates before posting, please. This thread is a year old.

Add your comment to this topic!