Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mileage questions on '02 Expedition

peddler88d
01-20-2005, 11:31 PM
Hello to all. I’m looking for some buying advice on an Expedition. A ’02 4x4 XLT w/ V8 to be exact. The Ford dealership wants $17,000.00 for it (saw it posted online), however, no mileage information. I’m waiting for them to get back to me via email. At that price I’m expecting it to have at least 70K miles on it. My primary question is for that year how much mileage is too much? My concern is of course with more mileage I’m closer to having to make the costlier repairs/services. It is expected, but I don’t want to be breaking my pockets on repairs after having it for 2 months. I don’t plan on making the truck my daily driver. Maybe four days out of the week. My reason for wanting something this big is just family expansion. I need the space. Right now I’m driving a ’92 Civic.

Also, what are the most common repair issues with Expeditions and any advice on upkeep? I’ve never owned a truck, much less a truck this big. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yotermanic
01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
If you buy an Expedition, you will be buying coil packs eventually. They're about 100 bucks apiece plus labor. Other than that, the 02s are pretty solid trucks. As for mileage, I'm not even going to guess, but there are a lot of internet sites devoted to mileage ratings.

mars619
02-28-2005, 12:12 AM
I bought a '97 Expedition and haven't have major problems with it (yet). It has almost 110,000 miles and the only problem I'm having with it now is the light switch on the turn signal lever. Usuallly, the average mileage on a vehicle is about 15,000 a year. So, on a 2002, it should be around 50,000 miles(give or take a few) unless it's been driven everywhere.

listddp
09-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Just bought a 2002 Expedition XLT 2wd 4.6 in Aug, 2005. It had 29,998 miles on it when I purchased it. The dealer listed it at $16,700. It was in great shape inside and out. The only issue I've had is to get more than 12 miles per gallon city/hwy. I'm sure it would do better if I averaged only highway miles, but its driven to and from work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Dealer web page: www.driscollmotors.net

Dwayne
Austin, Tx

~manuel~
09-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Hello to all. I’m looking for some buying advice on an Expedition. A ’02 4x4 XLT w/ V8 to be exact. The Ford dealership wants $17,000.00 for it (saw it posted online), however, no mileage information. I’m waiting for them to get back to me via email. At that price I’m expecting it to have at least 70K miles on it. My primary question is for that year how much mileage is too much? My concern is of course with more mileage I’m closer to having to make the costlier repairs/services. It is expected, but I don’t want to be breaking my pockets on repairs after having it for 2 months. I don’t plan on making the truck my daily driver. Maybe four days out of the week. My reason for wanting something this big is just family expansion. I need the space. Right now I’m driving a ’92 Civic.

Also, what are the most common repair issues with Expeditions and any advice on upkeep? I’ve never owned a truck, much less a truck this big. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
who knows what the mileage may be but if its low,then opting for an extended service plan is a good investment.

Add your comment to this topic!