Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tranny prob? pl. hlp

goin180ina30
01-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Alright, here's my prob I just bought a 90 integra it's in great condition, but I dont exactly know whats up with the tranny. It grinds when I gear down into first, and when I shift from 2nd to 3rd and from fourth to fifth, but shifts down alright from 4th to to 3rd it will go into those gears a lot easier if I wait for the revs to come down between shifts. Going into 2nd and fourth either way slides great. Its drivable and all the gears dont slip, it just takes babying to get into said gears. From what I've read on the threads I'm gonna change my tranny fluid. Being new to Integras I'm an instant convert and only really know that its a b18 engine but would sure love some feedback pl.

duranrp
04-12-2005, 09:21 PM
my friend is having the same problem right now with his teg could you let me know what you did to fix the proplem thanks pe@ce rich

91accordseattle
04-12-2005, 09:30 PM
i think you need a tranny my friend!

MODIFIED_GSR
04-16-2005, 07:56 AM
i agree

slow_99integra
04-16-2005, 08:42 AM
your synchros seem to be going bad, but there is a simple test to find out.
With integra off and e brake on, run through every gear. if it slides in with no problem, your clutch is bad. if it has trouble or will not go into gear, your tranny or synchros are bad.

odishaw
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM
yea, i have the same problem with my tranny in my 92 integra, ive been told numerous times that the syncros are messed but ive fixed it sometimes when im doin stupid shit in my car and im throwin it into gears really hard and itll move shit around(so it seems) and itll be all good, but hard to get into another gear... but it dosnt grind!! ahha.. but neways, ur syncros!

knorwj
04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
do the check with the engine off, if it goes smooth you need a throw out bearing more than likely. If it is still hard even with the engine off then it may be your synchros.

I would say that it is a throw out bearing only because that would be more likely than synchros.

Add your comment to this topic!