Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tick Tick!!!! Why?

stuartlaw_78
01-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi all..

I've just brought an R33 GTS T and it's developed a bit of a tap or a tick if you like under the car... It comes and goes but is there most of the time.
does anyone know what this could be? The car runs fine but this noise is a concern.. My turbo has also started to make a bit of a screaming noise when I drive, when it starts to spool up... even when I'm not pushing it hard... what could this be?

Any ideas would be appreciated....:-)

sadaukar
01-29-2005, 09:35 PM
well i think your turbo is stuffed and if you use a long screwdriver as a stethoscope you might locate where the ticking is comming from. use the screw driver by placing the sharp end somewhere on the engine while running and the other end on your ear. and the move it aroung the engine. but be carefull of the moving parts ie fan belts etc

Mustang-man
02-10-2005, 04:17 PM
No R33 GTS-t, the correct name is the GTS-25t. :P ;)

stuartlaw_78
02-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the advice mate.... I've since taken my car into a place called Tilbrooks Auto...here in Adelaide...They look after all the skylines, etc... it's hard to find places that want to touch import cars...maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place... :-)
This ticking noise is so annoying...it comes and goes and is inconsistant... so annoying... The mechanic put his stethascope against everything under the car and can't find where it's coming from yet.. He didn't have much time though.. Might have to book it in again...

Lanzy61
06-04-2005, 11:00 PM
it sounds to me like a hydrolic lifter a couple went in my old cefiro its quite common in rb motors the lifters sit under the camshaft and assist in the moving of the valves i left mine ticking away for a bit to long and it used to drop a cylinder after a hard run

Add your comment to this topic!