Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Revell or Hasegawa - Or both??

Technoman
01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Can anybody tell me if the Revell of Germany Rally cars are re-packaged Hasegawa models. Specifically I am looking at the 95 RAC rally Subaru Impreza WRC and the Lancia 037, Acropoli Rally and the Lancia Stratos 1997 WRC car. If they are, do they include the PE fret, window masks and material?

Any info would be great.

Cheers,

AJ

freakray
01-20-2005, 09:17 PM
The Revell kits are repackaged Hasegawa kits, they don't include photo etch parts, but then again, neither do all the Hasegawa kits.
In fact, of those you list there, only one of the Hasegawa releases comes with P/E parts, that being the Subaru.

sjelic
01-21-2005, 01:17 AM
If you ask me I have all of the mentioned kits, Hasegawa is , how to say, cleaner if you ask me. Two Lancias are great kits and Reji still sell PE parts for both of them, there is a resin engine for Stratos also from Reji and Reinessance makes nice kit for 037 with PE and resin spare wheel. Subaru is nice but watch out for decals they tend to be ruined by time. Decals in Revell kits are perfect. So it is really up to you.

freakray
01-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Sasa has a good point about the mold cleanliness, but it's nothing you can't clean up.
The Reji engine for the Stratos kit isn't the rally engine, it's a copy of the engine out of the Fujimi Stratos kit which is a Stratos Stradale (road version) and has a rather different engine to the rally car. The Reji engine could be corrected with effort though.

Vric
01-21-2005, 08:57 AM
The Revell kits are repackaged Hasegawa kits, they don't include photo etch parts, but then again, neither do all the Hasegawa kits.
In fact, of those you list there, only one of the Hasegawa releases comes with P/E parts, that being the Subaru.

There is many release with PE. Mainly all older Hasegawa Kit, (subaru, Toyota, Ford)

And Revell - Hasegawa ? wow.. I really don't think so. Hasegawa Quality is far better. (they made better kit than Tamiya sometime !)

freakray
01-21-2005, 11:43 AM
There is many release with PE. Mainly all older Hasegawa Kit, (subaru, Toyota, Ford)

And Revell - Hasegawa ? wow.. I really don't think so. Hasegawa Quality is far better. (they made better kit than Tamiya sometime !)

Eric, please start reading posts before making smart comments.
The man asked about 3 specific kits, of which I have all, and of those kits only one includes photoetch.
While there are many Hasegawa kits which do indeed include photo etch, I did not see them asked about here.

If you compare the reboxed Revell versions of the Hasegawa kits, they are as good as some of the Hasegawa kits I have.

Vric
01-21-2005, 01:16 PM
sorry, I got it in the General way :( not specifict to those kits.

But i'm still unsure the Revell kits are rebadged Hasegawa.. If so, might be a bargain

freakray
01-21-2005, 02:26 PM
sorry, I got it in the General way :( not specifict to those kits.

But i'm still unsure the Revell kits are rebadged Hasegawa.. If so, might be a bargain

I have both the Revell Subaru and the Hasegawa Subaru kits, they are identical with the exception of the photo etch the Hasegawa kit comes with.

ales
01-21-2005, 04:23 PM
YEs, Eric, some Revell kits (all of the three mentioned in this thread) are reboxed Hasegawa ones. Over here the reboxed hasegawa kits are actually slightly more expensive than Revell's own releases.

Technoman
01-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys, I will definitely pick up one of these then as I can get them considerably cheaper than the Hasegawa counterpart.

One other question on the same track. Italeri released a Lancia Delta 89 San Remo, the red Martini livery version, does anybody know if that is also a reboxed Hasegawa?

sjelic
01-22-2005, 01:14 AM
No Lancia from Italeri is (I think) Esci or something like that, not good, go and by Hasegawa you won't regret it and while you are ordering don't forget to take beautifull Studio 27 PE+white metal set preferably with decals because the decals in Hasegawa kit (I have two) are yellow.

ales
01-22-2005, 02:12 AM
The Italeri Delta is a Protar rebox. My advice is stay away.

Technoman
01-22-2005, 07:29 AM
The Italeri Delta is a Protar rebox. My advice is stay away.

Oh yuck, I have one of the Protar models. It's fugly, but it is nice to have an open door.

Dadio406
01-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I have recently completed the Revell Stratos and Im working on the Lancia 037. I also have the Impreza and from memory the Subaru is identical to the Hasegawa moulding I had, (and stupidly gave away) right down to the colour of the plastic. My Revell example does not have any PE however. That said quality on all three is superb.

drunken monkey
01-23-2005, 11:36 AM
about the stratos models.....

someone said that the rally and stradale versions has different engines
but isn't the engine the one from the 246 dino?

ok.... it might make more sense this way...
i have a few fujimi EM kits of the dino and was thinking of making a full detail Stratos.
can i swap in the dino engine (and strap on the stratos' exhausts) or would it make more sense to get hold of the fujimi stratos kits with the engine?
(they do exist, right?)

freakray
01-23-2005, 11:59 AM
about the stratos models.....

someone said that the rally and stradale versions has different engines
but isn't the engine the one from the 246 dino?

ok.... it might make more sense this way...
i have a few fujimi EM kits of the dino and was thinking of making a full detail Stratos.
can i swap in the dino engine (and strap on the stratos' exhausts) or would it make more sense to get hold of the fujimi stratos kits with the engine?
they do exist, right?)

Maybe do the research?

The Stratos rally version and road version both utilised the Dino engine, but the rally engine basically only shared the major parts, the rest being specifically designed for the higher performance requirements of rally, and these components even tended to change from one rally to the next as required.

The Fujimi Stratos Stradale kit is still freely available and comes with full engine detail, it would make a lot more sense to just buy the kit rather than sacrifice a kit to get the engine.
Not only that though, Hasegawa have also released a Stradale kit, although I am not certain it comes with an engine.

drunken monkey
01-23-2005, 12:13 PM
ahhh...... well when they said it had a different engine i thought they meant it had a totally different block.
as for the fujimi stratos kits.... i've never been able to find/get one.
for some reason, whilst i've been able to get the dino kits, i've only ever come across one fujimi stratos (rally) and even then it had the same body as the stradale.

anyway....
thanks.

freakray
01-23-2005, 12:41 PM
There were 3 different body styles of rally stratos, depending on the team(factory or private) and the period.
The Fujimi rally version is only the Stradale kit with decals and depicts one of the body styles, which was rallied.

Add your comment to this topic!