Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'01 Malibu will not start - not a passlock prob

cadewarren
01-20-2005, 04:02 PM
I have a 01 Mali sitting in my Driveway that will not start. The theft light is not blinking with key in on possition ie not a Passlock issue. the Fuel pump primes and there is fuel present at the check valve(not sure on presure though) located on the fuel intake. after trying to start and leaving key in on position fuel is still present at check valve. My next step is to check for spark but wanted to get some thoughts from any one who might have seen simular issue. Might save me some troubleshooting time. any thought or syggestions are welcome.

fuzionnet
02-26-2005, 02:40 AM
I have a 01 Mali sitting in my Driveway that will not start. The theft light is not blinking with key in on possition ie not a Passlock issue. the Fuel pump primes and there is fuel present at the check valve(not sure on presure though) located on the fuel intake. after trying to start and leaving key in on position fuel is still present at check valve. My next step is to check for spark but wanted to get some thoughts from any one who might have seen simular issue. Might save me some troubleshooting time. any thought or syggestions are welcome.

My friend is having the same problem too. The engine turns but it wont
start. When we towed it to the shop. They hookup a batterycharge and it started. Weird because I did too and it didn't start for me. So we drove it home with no problem. It ran for a week and died again. Now I'm
thinking its Elictrical. If you found the problem can you please post it.

cadewarren
02-28-2005, 09:25 AM
The problem ended up being the fuel pump. $200 later and 3 hours it was fixed. Turn the key to the ON position and listen for the fuel pump. If you hear it check the fuel pressure point (located on the passenger side of the intake manifold looks like a air valve off of a bicycle/car tire) depress the valve and if you have GOOD pressure there will be a good deal of gas squirt out at you if you do not have good pressure it will only trickle, then try to crank the car, and after that leave the key on the ON position and check the pressure again. if there is bad pressure now then or at any time in the process then the fuel pump is the source. NOTICE: If you have a fuel pressure guage the pressure should be between 52 - 59. ALSO be very careful when checking the pressure by the method described above, if you have good pressure LOTS of fuel will spray out at you!

misskitty78382
03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
The problem ended up being the fuel pump. $200 later and 3 hours it was fixed. Turn the key to the ON position and listen for the fuel pump. If you hear it check the fuel pressure point (located on the passenger side of the intake manifold looks like a air valve off of a bicycle/car tire) depress the valve and if you have GOOD pressure there will be a good deal of gas squirt out at you if you do not have good pressure it will only trickle, then try to crank the car, and after that leave the key on the ON position and check the pressure again. if there is bad pressure now then or at any time in the process then the fuel pump is the source. NOTICE: If you have a fuel pressure guage the pressure should be between 52 - 59. ALSO be very careful when checking the pressure by the method described above, if you have good pressure LOTS of fuel will spray out at you!
ii have a 2001 malibu, we put a new fuil pump on and drove it a week i went threw a car wash and now it doest start , it turns over but wont start, some one told me it could be my anti theif device, anyone have any ideals , we put on on dionste and nothing showed up wrong they even put new spark plugs still wont start, my mechanic has no ideal whats wrong can anyone share any ideals with me> miss_kitty78382@yahoo.com

bndr
03-10-2005, 12:14 AM
i had the same problem with my 2001 malibu the engine won't start

the problem was electrical

the wire that connect to the computer was worn out and the problem is solved :smokin:

misskitty78382
03-10-2005, 03:52 PM
is there a reset button on a chev malibu alarm system? if there is is it located behind the glove box are under the car somewhere?

wymi
03-11-2005, 09:07 AM
i had the same problem with my 2001 malibu the engine won't start

the problem was electrical

the wire that connect to the computer was worn out and the problem is solved :smokin:
Exactly where was the wire in the car that was worn out? Was it under the dash or under the hood?

Berti1
03-18-2005, 11:09 AM
I joined this site becuz my '98 malibu LS won't start. Put in a new battery thinking this wuz the prob, still won't start. What is this wire you are talking about and where is it?

Add your comment to this topic!