Page updated on 10-23-2017

Startup Problems

buchanan72
01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
This problem started last night. Everything was going smoothly all day. The only odd thing that happened, was I nearly ran out of gas. Anyway, after several stops and startups, this last time it didn't not startup. It wouldn't make a sound. It didn't even attempt to turn over. But this morning, she started right up. But it did have a little drag to the startup. After I turned it off again, it wouldn't start again. Still not making a sound. Any of you guys heard of or ran into this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

a1waytrip
01-21-2005, 11:57 PM
i don't really have a clue, but it's possible maybe something got into the fuel filter? like i said this is just a guess, but usually when you run a car down to e, if there is alot of deposits in the gas tank, they settle to the bottom, then get sucked up. atleast that's what my auto teacher said. any way, hope you find out the problem. maybe just the starter went bad. i had something kinda similar happen to me where it would keep stalling, then after 2 hours of rest, it would start back up, then die after like 10 mins of driving. it turned out it was the distributer, and it was like 400 to replace it, so good luck, hopefully it's nothing seriously.
-tom

Add your comment to this topic!