Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can someone tell me WHY!!!!!!!!!

Dans91
03-12-2002, 01:18 AM
Damn i am getting sick of it, yeah i know a 98 4 Dr. Accord isnt the best to supe up, but i got it for a steal, it has a vtec I-4 in it, but the damn thing will bearly go over a hundred miles an hour, Damn that pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell can i get that thing to go over a 100 MPH????? Is ther any way to make the shiffting a little bit more snappier than the stock shift? You know like a shift kit for a chevy, do they have them for honda's?? Well hopefully you all can help me out on this one.

Thanx
Dan

SpoilerV2
03-12-2002, 01:28 AM
hmm. yours don't go over 100 mph.. I got my 98 lx up to 105 before the rev limitor drop me back to 85. There are ways to reprogram our ECU by chips or new ECU's and there are shift kits for the Auto made by LEVEL 10 tranni's but they cost more than a new tranni.

Dans91
03-12-2002, 02:28 AM
Well it will break a hundred but getting there is the problem, up to 80 its pretty quick, but after it is real slugish, i dont know, maybe i am used to the camaro, but a 93 DX (modded) kept up with me after about 80. Is there any way to convert mine into a 5 speed manual. What are some inexpensive mods for putting me over a hundred easy??? Thanks everyone and take it easy.

Thanx
Dan:bandit:

strodda
03-12-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by SpoilerV2
hmm. yours don't go over 100 mph.. I got my 98 lx up to 105 before the rev limitor drop me back to 85. There are ways to reprogram our ECU by chips or new ECU's and there are shift kits for the Auto made by LEVEL 10 tranni's but they cost more than a new tranni.
whats the standard rev limit? i didnt know that it would actually drop your speed. i have a 91 lx, and i havent done anything to the ecu, but ive gone to 120 with no problems. it takes me more than a couple seconds, but i never had problems with limiters.

VTECseoul
03-12-2002, 03:55 AM
i hav CAI & i get to 120 w/ no problem - by the time sunset comes around, & i'm stock otherwise. i don't think i even hit the rev limiter...get NOS, you'll hit it no problem, for around $500. or contact DRIFT, he's got a shop where they install a turbo kit - but it's a few grand, though.

Dans91
03-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Say i already have a turbo setup and i have not installed it yet, :rolleyes: What would be a safe PSI to set it at, also what can the vtec handle hosepower wise??

Thanx
Dan

99AccordCoupe
03-12-2002, 07:19 PM
I've taken my 99' EX coupe up to 114mph and she did alright. Yeah getting there after 80mph takes a LONG time, but once she's there she runs pretty quietly and tracks straight. The steering gets light as a feather, but never shakes.

Face it, our Accords are family haulers here in the states. But they look pretty good cruising down the street.:sun:

HondaAdict
03-12-2002, 08:21 PM
i dunno

VTECseoul
03-13-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Dans91
Say i already have a turbo setup and i have not installed it yet, :rolleyes: What would be a safe PSI to set it at, also what can the vtec handle hosepower wise??

Thanx
Dan

around 7PSI, don't go any higher or you'll risk the crank bearings, wrist pins, & gaskets...good luck on the turbo, seen 1 already & his crank went out on him cuz he's pushing 10lbs, wastegate has open pipe.

Dans91
03-13-2002, 02:11 AM
Thanks, how would i go about making it work. I have all the stuff and everything i need, but i have no MAF sensor, so how would i get the fuel mixture right with the air being guzzled down???? Oh well that is the fun thing about putting on a turbo (I THINK IT IS CALLED FUN:D )

Thanx
Dan

VTECseoul
03-13-2002, 05:52 AM
we don't hav a MAF sensor, we got MAP sensor - 2 different things. if you got the right kit, they shoulda given you a MAP bypass valve. this tricks the ECU from reading boost. if you don't have 1, then call & complain, or get one from almost anywhere.

MAF Mass Air Flow sensor - works like a thermometer by "feeling" the air
MAP Manifold Air Pressure sensor - pressure gauge

Verse914
03-14-2002, 11:50 PM
the 4th gen mph limit is set to 114mph. Some 4th gen members on Hondasociety say they dont have a speed limit on theirs.

Add your comment to this topic!