Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mkIII supra turbo or Dsm turbo AWD??

fast2nr
01-19-2005, 04:45 AM
Okay me and my friend were debating on this subject for awhile. Here it is: 1g dsm Turbo AWD with intake,mbc,downpipe,exhaust
vs.
1988 MkIII Toyota Supra RWD turbo with intake, mbc,downpipe,exhaust.(same mods)

Which car do you think would be faster in the 1/4 mile??
who would smoke whom??

ProjectPhantom
01-19-2005, 12:58 PM
wow.... very close race.... doesnt the supra kinda overpower the gst? i would more likely say drivers race but kinda leaning towards the supra... both sticks right?

fast2nr
01-19-2005, 07:37 PM
yeah both sticks(manual).

NerveAgent
01-19-2005, 11:06 PM
supra by far. gsx is good if you like fixing it everyother day.

Kurtdg19
01-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Well if your only talking the 1/4mi. I would say the Supra to the fact that is very much overpowers a DSM (if your refering to the Talon, Eclipse). Anyways, why is this such a big deal? Quarter mile times only mean so much, after that, they become very small the overall picture (especially when you consider the cars).

ricesucks
01-20-2005, 06:51 AM
A mk3 supra has 230 horse (Turbo version) But it weighs more. They get to 60 in about 6.5-7 seconds...I dunno the quatermile time. I would bet on the supra.

TatII
01-20-2005, 11:04 AM
i'm sorry but you guys have no idea what you guys are talkin about. let me tell you from personal experience that supra mark III are turds most of the time, its won't over powr anything.

do you have any idea how fast a first gen dsm is with just bolt ons?

it runs on a 14B turbo instead of the chessy little t25 that the 2nd gen runs on. the 14B is basically a 16G turbo with a smaller compressor wheel.

i've known countless people running low 13's with just bolts and a boost controller. this car is as fast or faster then STi or EVO with those mods.

do you have any idea how slow a markIII supra turbo is with bolt ons?

my friend with the EVO raced one, and we even gave it a head start and by the time we hit 60, the mark III was around 6 cars back.

then we let it race from a roll hoping he would do better, again we gave him a 1 car jump, then we went after him, by around 100mph we were around 8 cars ahead. it wasn't even close.

my car will take down those mark III's no problem, and the fact that most of them aren't even running right doesn't make it any better. i would be scared to race a 1st dsm with those mods becasue i know for a fact i would get owned esp from a stop, atelast from a roll i would stand a chance.

for me a first gen talon with the flip up lights looks better then the ugly mark III. and the first gen talons are reliable as hell, their 4G63 is waaaay stronger then the ones found in the second gen, as they are the exact same engines found in the EVO I-III. they have better flowing heads then the 2nd gen DSM 4G63's as well. i've known countless people with turbo first gen DSM's with well over 150k miles on them and their tranny is in pretty good shape, and this guy does AWD powerslides around every corner of the street.

sorry man the fastest first gen DSM is in the 9's-8's. the fastest 3rd gen supra is like what? 11's? and i'm talkin a mark III with the 7mgte, not with a 2jzgte swapped in, so those 2jzgte mark III's don't count.

boosted_bullet88
01-02-2012, 05:07 AM
@tatii : seriously? Have you owned both a gsx/tsi or a mk3 supra turbo?
You should get your facts straight before posting biased and ignorant information
First of all the mk3 supra is far from a turd and in full race trim im 7mgte have ran 7's
Now that that's off my chest let me start off with the 4g63 well running even stock is a force to be recond with. And honestly both cars a very quick from the factory but really they are. Not even in the same catagory. The supra is almost a car and ahalf larger then a gsx and were talking 4cyl vrs a 6cyl. For being so different from eroach other they are pretty evenly matched stock. They both run around. 15 flat depending on driver and track conditions and they both have there own set of problems too the 7m has its improperly torqed head problem and the 4g63 has its crank walk and a few other small problems and yet both motors can handle large hp numbers on stock internals. Reliability I would say goes to the supra good looks I would say goes to the dsms tho the mk 3 supra was desinged in 85. While dsm in 88..if your gonna post about cars post real info not biased bull. just sayin.

Add your comment to this topic!