Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'89 Accord LXi moonroof leaks

98camrycincy
01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Power moonroof works...opens and closes just fine. But it leaks when it rains. If I park it with the front of the car higher than the rear, i.e. pointed up the hill, then it leaks. Pointed downhill, no problem. On level ground, it leaks. But it only leaks when I drive it. During the rain storm, it drains just fine. There seems to be a little lip that catches the water and just won't drain unless it's pointed downhill. I know the drains are in the front of the roof, but is there any way to help this out? Any help is appreciated, so thank you to all who respond to this post!

Igovert500
01-20-2005, 04:22 PM
2 things, first make sure your drains aren't clogged.

secondly, check the weather stripping around the moonroof. Either with a smoke machine, or something that will help you detect leaks.

lorunner
01-22-2005, 08:55 AM
i Have found removing the traps at the ends of each drain tube is the best thing. They only trap debris instead of trapping bugs out. Just pore some water in the sunroof pan with it open ofcourse and you should see the water come out by each wheel. If not they are plugged.

Remember the sunroof isn't designed to be water tight. It will leak water. Thats why there is a pan and drains

Add your comment to this topic!