Page updated on 07-18-2018

1998 Accord Owners Manual

ggoelzer
01-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Can anyone tell me what the green 'flashing key' indicator means on the electronic dashboard? There is also a red 'flashing door open' indicator lit. The car will not start but turns over OK. Unfortunately, I do not have an owners manual so I cannot look this up. HELP appreciated!

'Quis
03-03-2005, 03:11 AM
As an anti-theft precaution, Honda keys are chipped. Inserting a damaged or copied key into the ignition will cause the green key emblem to light up (notice it has a "chip" in the center of it) and although the starter will activate the engine will not fire up. As per the flashing door open light, I have no clue. May or may not be related. I had all kinds of lights flashing on my display when a "professional" completely jacked up a security system installation somehow leaving me with only 4th gear and reverse til I went back through and fixed it. If you know your key is good and you've had electrical work done recently I would THOROUGHLY double and triple check all the wiring. Otherwise I recommend taking your car to an auto parts store and having it scanned for any trouble codes. This is my first post; hope you found it informative and helpful.

Add your comment to this topic!