Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

myfi mounting ideas

harrymay
01-18-2005, 10:27 AM
ive had my xm myfi mounted on my air vent for the past few weeks, but with summer coming up i would like my vent back.

does anyone else have one of these or anyone have any ideas for where i can mount it. the kit that comes with it kinda sucks as far as mounting options so if there are any fabbed up ways to do it let me know.

thanx

Burnout524
01-18-2005, 01:47 PM
To be honest, I really can't think up a good place to put it. Do you use the cubby under the HVAC unit? If so, you could probably mount it somewhere around there.

harrymay
01-21-2005, 11:33 AM
yeah it doesnt fit in there already tried it. i did find a mount for a skyfi unit online, think ill get it itll stick out besides my radio

Burnout524
01-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Does the mount have a cigerette lighter adapter thing on it? Because then you could mount it in that cigerette lighter like in the passenger-side footwell and tilt it up and over slightly so it'll be easier to look at and change stations.

harrymay
01-26-2005, 09:24 AM
well ive found a place to put it, its not perfect but it works. its right next to the lighter under the hvac. wher the ashtray would be. it works and ill post pics soon.

Burnout524
01-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah pics would be nice. Depending on where I go to college and if I take the car with me, I'm thinking of either a GPS system or a XM radio setup.

Add your comment to this topic!