Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quiksilver Mod's

ford10
01-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Gunna pick up a quiksilver up next week, and was thinking on simple mods....

I want to basically keep it the same apart from...
-K&N Air filter
-Lowering (need advice on how much, can't rub though)
-Alloy size (thinking 306 GTI-6 Alloys good on 106, again i can't have it rub with 4 people in car)
-Leathered interior (gti half leather or maybe have a full black leather)
-Maybe a 106 gti spoiler if it hasn't got one

advice on alloys and lowering together would be good as i can't have rub!!

Thanks (any simple advice would be great, ta)

pez1206
05-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Sounds good to me, dependent on the year of quik' it might come with a spoiler standard (<01' I think).

Gti seats would work nicely as-well cuase they use the same frames so changing them would be a "slide off slide on" job and should only be £300 from a breaker.

K&N is nice too, gives it a good grunt look for part number 57-0325 for a 57i kit.

lowering is tricky it depends on what size wheels you want and how many speed bumps you plan on going over, i'd say resonable is 35mm drop but 55mm is ok for road use aswell. You should still be able to fit 16" alloys on it comfotable without rubbing or arch mods. When looking at what to use to lower you whip, I would get a kit not just springs cause it gives a better ride and handling and id go with some nice koni shocks and springs for around £250, or if you go with just springs i would avoid spax as they have a poor saftey record, but gmax are solid as are koni.

hope that helps

Add your comment to this topic!