Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Interior Design

mother_russia
01-17-2005, 06:48 PM
I am making a custom fiberglass panel that fits between the "plastic behind the seats" (where the speakers are), and the rear strut. It will connect the two surfaces at an angle, obviously, because they are not at the same level. There is going to be a square cut out in the center of the fiberglass panel with a plexiglass cover, in which to view my amp through. I am going to paint the fiberglass orange to match the car. The one problem that I foresee in this project is that the amp is only about 14 inches long, which means there will be a lot of open fiberglass surface on each side of the amp. This is going to look lame, in my opinion, so I am trying to think of something else I could put there. I am using the speaker housing that are already there, so I dont want to put speakers there. I am not buying another amp. I'd prefer not to use stickers unless I found some nice looking ones that aren’t going to make the car look ricer. No fire extinguishers. My car is not going to go up in a blazing fireball, and if it does, I sure as hell am not going to really quick reach behind me to unharness and unleash my 1 pound of flame dehabilitating passion.

So, any suggestions on what to put on either side of the amp to take up space and fill the smooth surface of the fiberglass so that it doesn’t look so plain? Thanks.

BodyKits
01-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Cut Out Openings And Put A Neon Behind It. Then Take Plexy Glass And Make A Lense To Fill The Opening

mother_russia
01-17-2005, 06:53 PM
well, thats what i am doing with the amp, actually. and just neons under plexiglass alone might look a little odd, dont you think? maybe not, thanks for the idea. further suggestions are welcome.

BodyKits
01-17-2005, 07:04 PM
You Dont Put The Actuall Tube In Sight You Put Them To The Side Inside A Compartment That You Mold On The The Back Of The Panel. You Can Make Any Desing In The Panel And It Will Glow, Thats The Whole Idea.

mother_russia
01-17-2005, 07:07 PM
oh! so i could make a cut out somthing, and by hiding the bulbs, they will refect onto the suface and the glass and illuminate the cutout design? that is a sweet idea, thanks.

BodyKits
01-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Yea Thats What Im Saying. All You Have To Do Is Get A Rotory Zip And Some Stencil's Draw The Outline.

But You Need To Do Tht Before You Lay Fiberglass. Must

<SSR>David
01-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Yea that sounds like a really good idea. Haha Im going a totally different direction that your going mother_russia. Im actually planning to take out all the speaker components from my car. or buy thoes speakers made out of carbon fiber and see what I could do with thoes. 350z is too heavy for me...Maybe its because Im kinda fat...but thats not the point.. =P

mother_russia
01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
haha, thanks for the input, i think this will turn out sweet. i will post pics if it looks half decent.

Add your comment to this topic!