Replacing Blower Motor in '99 Intrigue

BrutusBuckeye90
01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
I think I have a bad(or going bad) blower motor and I am thinking of trying to replace it myself. I had the cover off a cpl. days ago and lubricated it because it intermittently makes a high pitched squealing noise like it has locked up. It worked for a cpl. of days fine but then it started again so I am assuming it is going bad and needs replaced. I need to know if there is a quick disconnect plug on the end of the wires coming from the blower motor or will it have to be rewired somehow. If anyone has done this themselves and can help walk mr through this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

99intriguePA
01-18-2005, 03:51 PM
It is fairly easy to take the blower motor out. The blower has a plug that has a push tab type release. Kind of a PITA because the plug is on the firewall side of the blower but not impossible.

MookaMobile
01-27-2005, 03:10 PM
The blower is pretty easy to swap out, we did ours in the Advance parking lot. There are 3 bolts, and the wiring is pretty simple. Just be careful not to hit the resistor chip. That's another 90 bucks and you'd have to take the fan back out. If you need more detail, let me know, my husband could walk you through it. I only help out. :smile:

Burnout524
01-27-2005, 03:41 PM
I like how most of the electronics are all plug in and unplug. Makes for quick and easy fixes expecially for us DIYers.

On a side note, how much does the blower motor cost. I think mine might be going. The car has been making that high pitched sound for the past few months, but it's stopped all by itself earlier this week. :confused:

MookaMobile
01-27-2005, 04:33 PM
I like how most of the electronics are all plug in and unplug. Makes for quick and easy fixes expecially for us DIYers.

On a side note, how much does the blower motor cost. I think mine might be going. The car has been making that high pitched sound for the past few months, but it's stopped all by itself earlier this week. :confused:

The motor assembly is about 90 bucks, we got ours at Advance Auto and installed it in the parking lot. The squealing did stop and start (before the motor replacement), which is why we never thought it was the fan at first. It would only squeal when we were coming to a stop. Seems like every part I have looked at for this car is about 90. Cam sensor, crank sensor, fan, fan resistor, driver side window switch composite-- all 90 bucks. Wish the alternators were 90. :)

BramStoker
01-31-2005, 07:47 PM
I need a 'little' help: how DO I access the blower, to replace it, on my '99 Intrigue?

MookaMobile
02-01-2005, 12:15 PM
I need a 'little' help: how DO I access the blower, to replace it, on my '99 Intrigue?

Remove the kick panel on the passenger side. You will see the motor. There is a black hose from the motor, that needs to be taken off and kept, to put on the new motor, you will see the hole for it. It's 3 bolts. Will be uncomfortable to replace, hope you are flexible :smile:
Be care not to damage the resistor, it is located behind the fan.
It's a simple fix. My husband did ours, but we swapped it out in the parking lot of the auto store we got the fan at.

Have fun! :biggrin:

Add your comment to this topic!