Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Side Marker and Bumper Lens Color?

Ehscrewdude
01-17-2005, 09:10 AM
I've searched the forums for this already, just came up with a blue corner light problem. Can the bulbs in the clear lenses be clear (as opposed to amber bulbs)? (produce a white light) My asian friend said he was pretty sure it was ok, since some cars come stock that way, but on the other hand I had a friend that told me he was pulled over once for the same thing... BTW, I live in FL.

Igovert500
01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Your best bet is to call your local PD(non-emergency #) and simply ask them...many times cops don't like any lights that could be confused for an emergency vehicle...specifically red and blue are generally not tolerated...but it really all depends on your local laws and your local law enforcment...same kind of idea as window tinting...

Ehscrewdude
01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Im so pissed, I called the non emergency and they said that if it's not stock its not legal, so they can "identify the vehicle". Are the clear lights gonna make it that hard to analyze? I'm so ticked, maybe ill just go clear, since the amber bulb looks gay, and if i get in trouble ill put it back...

Igovert500
01-18-2005, 03:52 PM
That's what I'd do. If they do give you a ticket, most local courts have a policy, where if you fix it back to stock, they will reduce the ticket to like $30.

AccordCodger
01-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Judging by your level of irritation (not to mention your encouraging "handle", Ehscrewdude) I would venture to suggest that your approach to the PD might have been less than polite.

Clearly the "if it's not stock its not legal" line is absurd. I can't believe that's really what he/she said (unless you really pissed him/her off by arguing).

since the amber bulb looks gay
well, I guess that's your opinion, but I haven't seen anyone else get wound up about MARKER lights lately!

WhyteAccord
01-20-2005, 07:17 PM
I once got pulled over for Clear Signal lights because the altezza i purchased didn't come with amber lights. Ticket was $151.00 for a light bulb that cost $2.00. I went to court and got the ticket cleared and purchased some ambers. Be Safe and go with the stock ambers.

Smeee
02-01-2005, 12:25 PM
yeaa dude i def have gotten pulled for clear bulbs. Basically in VA you need to have amber turn signals. Soo i put one hyper white corner and one bright amber bulb. I dunno VA is a commonwealth sooo these pomonkeys are rather strict. Buut thas they way they explained it to me, if its not exactly how the car came off the lot then its illegal....

Add your comment to this topic!