Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no antifreeze

dmbrisket 51
01-17-2005, 01:52 AM
ok, for almost a week now i have heard what sounds like water dripping off my truck when i accelerate, and for the last week i have been working on a honda that i have bought and its been kinda warm (warm enough that water would be water) and today, when it was 10 degrees if im lucky, i noticed the sound still when i rev the moter or accelerate, so a quick check and i found that my resurve which i accidently overfilled a month ago when i flushed my system is empty, im going to check my oil to see if its possibly the intake, but is there a change that the flush messed up my water pump?? ive had professional flushes mess up a waterpump before and im kina hopen that i didnt do it to this one too

OverBoardProject
01-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Flushes themselves shouldn't ever mess up a water pump, what causes that is lack of maintaince. We're really suposed to flush the system every 2 years, which helps preserve all the coolant system.

But since most of us don't follow that golden rule we often have to replace parts when we finally do flush the system.

The leaks are caused by the calcium type build-up simular to the build-up that you find in Kettles desolving, and leaving gaps in the seals, and holes in the cores.

Your lucky if it's the water pump, It's usually the heater core, or rad that needs replacing.

BlazerLT
01-18-2005, 12:35 AM
ok, for almost a week now i have heard what sounds like water dripping off my truck when i accelerate, and for the last week i have been working on a honda that i have bought and its been kinda warm (warm enough that water would be water) and today, when it was 10 degrees if im lucky, i noticed the sound still when i rev the moter or accelerate, so a quick check and i found that my resurve which i accidently overfilled a month ago when i flushed my system is empty, im going to check my oil to see if its possibly the intake, but is there a change that the flush messed up my water pump?? ive had professional flushes mess up a waterpump before and im kina hopen that i didnt do it to this one too

You have air in your cooling system.

Replace the rad cap with something NOT AC Delco, fill up the rad when the engine is cold and has been sitting overnight. Then fill up the over flow resevoir.

Be prepared to fill it a couple of times as the air is replaced with coolant in your cooling system.

dmbrisket 51
01-18-2005, 04:52 PM
so then the pink spot on my driveway is from....

BlazerLT
01-18-2005, 06:07 PM
so then the pink spot on my driveway is from....

Where is the pink spot under?

The overflow tank?

OverBoardProject
01-18-2005, 06:27 PM
summer window washer, or a mixture of ATF fluid, and some other fluid

dmbrisket 51
01-18-2005, 07:35 PM
under my surpentine belt, my overflow was bone dry, and by pink im sorry it was the dex cool ornge, my atf doesnt drip one drop, well it never has, and im not haven problems shifting... all thing considered im gunna lift the truck up and get under it tomorrow to see whats going on, thanks for the input both of ya, and now ima check my tranny again just because this truck has been one thing after another

BlazerLT
01-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Water pump looks like the culprit.

dmbrisket 51
01-18-2005, 07:42 PM
thats what ive figgured, but when the pump on my full size started goin out it made the truck run, well weired to say the least, then really really hot and poof its all gone

vtmecheng
01-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Make sure to check all the hoses and your radiator along with the water pump. I have had all go on different vehicles. When the water pump went on my S10 the only thing it did was leak and I didn't have any strange engine behavior.

BiGwiLLswiLLy
01-19-2005, 05:52 PM
what sux is they jus raised the price of antifreeze 2...shame it dident happen a week ago would been cheaper..lol

dmbrisket 51
01-19-2005, 09:28 PM
ive got five gallons of the non mixed dex cool in my garauge (i keep all fluids for all vehicals here stocked) so its not hurten me to badly

Add your comment to this topic!