Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anybody want to join a tournament?

JE123
03-11-2002, 12:12 PM
We need more people to join this tournament. Just seeing if anybody is interested.

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=27212&topic=2391686

NSX
03-21-2002, 10:51 AM
i'll join
but i don't want to register into that forum, so what's your e-mail

when you mean no drafting, do you mean drIftiing?

you should divide it into different classes, b/c i like to use the ARTA (667 hp)
i don't think it's fair if i race against a F/094s or Trueno

make it like gt1100, gt700, gt300 classes
the number representing the max hp

i'm guessing most 1100hp max people are going to use the F/094s

what do you think?

JE123
03-21-2002, 05:23 PM
Sorry, I haven't checked this board in awhile. All of the spots have been filled. :mad: I'll let you know if another league starts up.

Morpheus XIII
03-23-2002, 06:00 AM
Drafting is ridiculous in GT3. The tail vehicle is the only element of the equation that gets any help from the air share. In reality, both cars tail to nose should be able to travel faster than one car alone, being that there are two powerplants dividing half the aerodynamic duties, but in the game, the front runner travels the same speed as if no one was behind it. Then as a double whammy, the tail vehicle can have double the exit speed when leaving the draft. Just another detail that needs addressing in the next Gran Turismo.

Oh and another thing. Formula GT cars shouldn't be able to draft. In fact, the closest vehicles in real life (F1s) create turbulence aft, forcing spaces to be kept between 'bumpers', in risk of losing traction. SCEA/PD need to fix this as well.

NSX
04-03-2002, 10:53 AM
what is drAfting???
do you guys mean drIfting?:confused:

88LXiHB
04-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Read the post above yours...;)

Morpheus XIII
04-06-2002, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by NSX
what is drAfting???
do you guys mean drIfting?:confused:

I suppose you're not getting our point. Drifting, you probably know--an artistic form of oversteer.

Drafting is a manuever used mainly by full bodied racecars (NASCAR, touring cars) where they attempt to get as close as possible from rear bumper to front bumper in order to share the aerodynamics of one car by two engines. Ever wonder why Stock Cars always stick so close to each other? It is so they can share the air resistance and at the last second, leave the 'train' with more speed than the others. If you are still confused, watch, and rewatch the scene in "Days of Thunder" where Cruise and Kidman are both in bed. You should understand it by at least the third time.

NSX
04-08-2002, 11:23 AM
yah, i know what you guys mean now

they always do it in Formula 1

b/c this guy i know keeps referring drifting to drafting so i was a little bit lost there

its all cool now:)

Add your comment to this topic!