Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Q about Car Damage

seriburi
03-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Hey all,
My car got into an accident last Friday.
It was going about 40 mph on a 15mph downhill S-curve. The road
was damp and it skidded going left and stopped when it hit a flimsy fence. The car then proceeded to land on its left side.

I checked the car out and visually, everything under the hood was fine. There are some not-so-minor scratches, creases and indentations to the
entire left side of the car. the bumper is definately gone. the left skirt was falling off. The left rear window was shattered.

Here's my question. How likely is it that the chassis and the suspension are hurt? How much warpage? And after it's fixed, is the car as good as it was before or "it'll never be the same again" type of thing?

I've got pictures I can send to people individually.

Thanks,
S.

drift
03-11-2002, 12:44 PM
take it or the pics to a repair shop. estimates are free.

seriburi
03-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Actually, the car is already at a shop. They haven't gotten back to me yet. And I don't fully trust mechanics either that's why I'm asking for second opinions and experiences.

crxlvr
03-11-2002, 09:08 PM
well if you hit the curb sideways with both tires at the same time, i would say there is a good chance of suspension damage, as for frame damage it doesnt sound like it was that horrible an accident to cause that much damage, but again im not looking at your car either.

white97ex
03-11-2002, 09:14 PM
this is just my opinion, and experience. part of the experience is that i worked at a car dealership int he service department. always ask to see a portfolio of a body shops work. NEVER trust car dealerships. that all revolves around flag hours, which in my opinion is what is wrong with most car repair services who use them. just keep in mind. the body work is only as good as the shop it is at. make sure they have some sort of satisfaction garauntee. you dont want you car that you love so much to come out looking like $#!! but this is just my opinion take it for what its worth

Add your comment to this topic!