Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Patents found(3-4 of them)

r35forums.com
01-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Well, we found the patents for the next gtr. after rummaging skylineGTR_Guy found patents for the U.S., U.K., and Australia. We also found a performace division Infiniti is making for Nismo parts, or possibly of their own.
http://r35forum.com/index.php?showtopic=40

skylineGTR_Guy
01-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, we found the patents for the next gtr. after rummaging skylineGTR_Guy found patents for the U.S., U.K., and Australia. We also found a performace division Infiniti is making for Nismo parts, or possibly of their own.
http://r35forum.com/index.php?showtopic=40

I see we visit the same forums :D

VQuick
01-16-2005, 08:58 PM
The thing about the 'Nissan GT-R' trademarks is that they were registered back in 2002...well before talk of making Infiniti a global brand came about. The more recent 'Infiniti GT-R' trademark of 2004 seems to support that.

skylineGTR_Guy
01-17-2005, 02:41 AM
The thing about the 'Nissan GT-R' trademarks is that they were registered back in 2002...well before talk of making Infiniti a global brand came about. The more recent 'Infiniti GT-R' trademark of 2004 seems to support that.

Yes but infiniti GTR hasnt been registered in the US, only in the UK and australia, thats whats confusing me.

VQuick
01-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Yes but infiniti GTR hasnt been registered in the US, only in the UK and australia, thats whats confusing me.

I'm sure they're working on it. There's still a couple years to go before the car is even launched.

skylineGTR_Guy
01-17-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm sure they're working on it. There's still a couple years to go before the car is even launched.

True, but if you look at the forms you'll notice that Nissan GTR was registerd within 1 or 2 days of each other world wide, and infiniti GTR was registered in the UK and australia within a day or 2 of the renewal application for nissan GTR in the US, why renew a trademark for a car that never was and never will be sold here?

5 Point 7
01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
It's all starting to blow my mind!!

LOL, I just hope they make it within a couple years. But I hope two things don't happen...they make it 70,000 dollars, and also not every one around town has one, but I guess it's kind of hard to have one happen and not the other.

Add your comment to this topic!