Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Head gasket

calvran
01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
How complicated is it to replace the head gasket on this car? It's the turbocharged model.

timsterman
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
How complicated is it to replace the head gasket on this car? It's the turbocharged model.
If you are mechanically inclined,and have a little experience on engines,I would get a good volvo book,like chiltons manual and go for it. It is not extremely difficult. You need to pay attention and not be in a hurry.

sdananay
04-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Did you perform the head gasket replacement? I am about to begin one on my 97 850 T5. Do you know of any downloadable step-by-step instructions?

timsterman
04-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Did you perform the head gasket replacement? I am about to begin one on my 97 850 T5. Do you know of any downloadable step-by-step instructions?

I don't know of any free downloads. It would be a wise idea to buy yourself a 850 manual. You can get a Chilton's or a Hayes manual pretty reasonable around $20.00. If not, you can go to your local library and copy from a chilton's manual. Most library's have these manuals and most have copy machines. I many year's experience in the automotive repair business. Why are you pulling the head ?. Let me know if you run into any difficulties.
Timsterman

Add your comment to this topic!