Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 4.6l/P0402/P1407/Transmission slipping/Shudder/EGR

SuperPunch
01-16-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't even know where to start.

I've searched everywhere i just want my car to work correctly again.

In the summer my CEL came on periodically then went away. Finially it came on for about a week and I took it to Schucks and read the OBD II it came up with a "P0402 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Exessive Detected" At the time the guy at the time the guy at shucks told me it had something to do with emmision and not to worry about it.

About a month later my car started slipping out of gear... ehhh. So i took it to a mechanic. He reads my OBDII this time I get a P1407 (EGR something). And says that he doesn't know how that would effect my trasnmission. I take the car home and smell my transmission fluid it's burnt. Well my car was due for an oil change anyway so i have my oil changed and flush my transmission at jiffy lube. The car is running like a dream... for about a week. The transmission fluid smells burnt again...

So here I am with these cryptic OBDII codes. I think that somehow my transmission is getting way to hot.

And I have no idea where to begin fixing this stuff. Could someone with a little more car knowlege please shine some light on my situation?

njdjh2o
02-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I would say fix what the codes are saying what is wrong. and start from there.

The code are for a reason, so it you are getting them. That means does components are not working the way it should.

Just my little tid bit.

thunderbird muscle
02-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Does the temp gauge in your car ever climb more then normal?

SuperPunch
02-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Does the temp gauge in your car ever climb more then normal?

Not that I've noticed.

jspence35
02-01-2005, 08:57 PM
the egr symptom codes have nothing to do with the trans. they are probably caused by a bad dpfe sensor

SuperPunch
02-01-2005, 10:01 PM
the egr symptom codes have nothing to do with the trans. they are probably caused by a bad dpfe sensor

I actually had my transmission looked at by a local trans shop and they tighnened something and did a premium transmission service and it's been running fine ever sense.

But the check engine light still wont quit.

jspence35
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
a dpfe sensor does not usually cause any other concerns except the check engine lite

SuperPunch
02-01-2005, 10:07 PM

I actually had my transmission looked at by a local trans shop and they tighnened something and did a premium transmission service and it's been running fine ever sense.

But the check engine light still wont quit.

Add your comment to this topic!