Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2.5 4bang vacuum mess

capt curl
01-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Lost the plot with locating my vacuum pipes.....got 3 pipes going nowhere (and 1 jeep !! ) :mad: anyone got an 89 YJ 2.5 and a digital camera or half an hour to spare...
I have a little hard plastic vacuum pipe coming through the bulkhead..above left of where the wiring harness enters.... does this attach to the "rail" below it, as I have an elbow with nothing attached....
also, where the wide breather pipe from the airbox enters the vacuum system, there is a smaller orifice below that sucks (vac) but has no pipe...where should that pipe come from?? that would do for starters.
Anyone who can spend ten minutes takin a few pics, please mail me @ neilcasson@shaw.ca I'm really getting desperate as the snow is falling and the tickover is rising and falling...thats when it can be bothered to start...AAAARGH... :screwy:

TexMontana
01-26-2005, 09:38 AM
i dont have an 89 jeep but i hfound this out the otherday and thought it was a joke.... under the hood there should be a vacuum diagram stickered to the under side of the hood...

i thought it was a joke and then went and looked at mine (87) and sure ans SH#$ it was there... helped me out tons.....

Add your comment to this topic!