Torque Steer

TRU Racing
03-11-2002, 02:27 AM
I am having a bit of a torque steer problem with my Eclipse Turbo and I was wondering what would be the best way to help dampen it a little if not just eliminate it completely...I have read that Torque steer is produced when a massive amount of torque is applied to a front drive setup with unequal axels, causing the car to erraticly steer to the left or right upon acceleration. any help would be appreciated thanx
TRU

MaFi0s0
03-11-2002, 09:49 AM
i get that in my camry, maybe fix the axels? i like it, it makes the car look fast i thought it was the wheel alignment or power steering, when my wheel alignment got fucked it got worse and i popped 2nds(my cars an auto)

student_anonymous
03-11-2002, 10:29 AM
Your car will do that if it's front drive, despite making the corrections.
I drove an old Sunbird GT before i got the Bonneville and it was front
drive stick. I'd pop the clutch and the thing would pull to the right, no matterwhat adjustments i'd given it.

Unfortunately that's the way stick shifts work. The Bonneville doesn't
do that though, as i keep traction control on until after i've launched and i have no problems.

Sorry i can't be of much help, good luck with the solution. :)

xcaliber
03-14-2002, 10:33 PM
you shouldn't really be having too much torque steer, it's awd isn't it?

There is nothing you can do about it that I know of, except skinny tires. And that is just wrong.

NB8CT
03-16-2002, 12:06 PM
no he has a gs-t, not a gs-x

The gs-t's have that problem a lot, I dunno why they put that motor in a FWD car... Anyway, I would guess that a good LSD would solve the problem, but I dunno where or even if one is made for the FWD eclipse.

LjasonL
03-16-2002, 12:42 PM
yeah i would say a limited slip would help, theres no way to eliminate it completely.

Crackerman
03-18-2002, 02:30 AM
the driver's side axle set up from a gs-x will solve mostif not all of ur torque steer problems, insead of 1 Looong axle, it has a shaft that a shorter, equal length axle fits on,, turbo cars WILL have torque steer, no matter what, the only thing we can do is take some away not all of it...also a proper alignment should help as well as polyeurathane bushings. Quaife makes an lsd for the 5 speed tranny as wel i'mm sure other company's offer one too. sorry i couldn't find this to help u sooner so u didn't get any more bogus info.

Add your comment to this topic!