Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

code 35

dk_jen
01-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I have a 93 Blazer i the servse light came on and when i pulled the code it was a code 35. I looked it up on the sheets that i have and there was no code 35. Does anyone know what it is????

jsgold
01-15-2005, 03:07 PM
On my Blazer (93-S-10 4.3) the code 35 is the Idle Air Control System, according to the GM service manual.

dk_jen
01-15-2005, 03:12 PM
ok. what do i have to do to fix that problem

jsgold
01-15-2005, 05:30 PM
I assume yours is a s-10. If not, might be best to specify so someone else can d/c, but most of the time the codes are the same. The fix is totally specified, as several other things can cause this to activate, including dirty injectors, dirt, crankcase ventilation valve, vacuum leak, O2 sensor etc. There are some tests requiring scan tool and testers but I would clean it first, and if it was dirty clear the code and see if it recurs. Sometimes a code gets set for any number of reasons but will not be listed again. If the engine runs OK, and idles OK, my be nothing to worry about. These do get dirty with carbon deposits, as does the area around them. make sure all is clean. Be sure you have a clean air filter. You should be able to clear codes on your truck by unhooking battery. If it is failing you can easily replace it yourself. Only has a wire connector and two screws.

dk_jen
01-15-2005, 06:30 PM
we cleaned everything and i still get the code 35 i am also getting a code 43. i don't know if maybe the 43 is setting off the 36. i also run really ruff when i idle and accelerate. we have already replaced the fuel injectors and put in a new nut-kit five days ago.

dk_jen
01-15-2005, 06:32 PM
i do have a s-10 blazer

jsgold
01-15-2005, 09:20 PM
According to my service manual, code 43 is a knock sensor failure. If you have a 4.3 with CMFI you have two of them. I have never worked on them myself or had any go bad before. An open circuit can cause a code or a bad sensor. takes a voltage meter to test.
Here is what the book says to do to test.
Ignition -"ON" - disconnect both knock sensors
Measure voltage between both sensor connectors and ground
IF BOTH READ 5 VOLTS
Measure resistance between knock sensor terminal and ground.
Resistance should be between 8.2K OHMS and +- .05 OHMS. If it is, then your connection(s) are bad or bad PCM. If not, then either the knock sensor is bad or installed wrong.

If both at zero volts then there is an open or grounded circuit between splice and PCM, or bad PCM.
If one reads zero and one reads 5 volts - open or grounded circuit on the zero sensor between splice and connector.
It makes no ref. to any other sensor causing a false code 43. Sounds like possible wiring issue or bad sensor. Possibly even the PCM itself. Over my head, perhaps someone else has dealt with this????

jsgold
01-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Assuming yours is a type W motor, one sensor looks to be on drivers side, right below exhaust manifold. close to middle of engine. the other one is on passenger side, in the very back of the engine, mounted to the back side of the head. May be a little tough dealing with them given their locations. Both are round and attach to engine block

Add your comment to this topic!