Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

radio code problems

sournw01blazer
01-15-2005, 09:15 AM
changed my battery and the radio locked, does anyone know the master code to unlock it? Dealer just tell me to bring it in for a small fee they will fix it.

crazys182003
01-15-2005, 10:23 AM
If you have your radio manual it should say the default code in there. But if not than please post the type of radio (in case they are different) and also how many digits is the code looking for? I am not sure of a master code but I do know that my codes are 4 digits long.

crazys182003
01-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok I did a little searching on the net. Someone here might know a default master code but in case not here are some links to help maybe. In the sites I found they require a VIN #, type of radio, and serial number of radio. This information is than most likely checked quickly with a stolen vehicle database due to the codes being for theft purposes. There is a small fee still involved though but it might be cheaper than your dealership not sure though.

http://www.dekodes.com/
http://www.radio-code.com/?source=adwords

swalt
01-16-2005, 10:10 AM
I was in a dealer a few weeks back here in Ontario and there was a guy in there on a road trip from Georgia with his Blazer with the same problem. The service advisor called into an automated GM helpline (I heard the call on speakerphone) and entered the VIN with some information and it came back with an "automated annie" reciting the 4 digit code. It took about 4 minutes and they sent him on his way no charge.

BlazerLT
01-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Yea, they shouldn't charge for that.

Pretty low if they do.

Turbocpe
01-16-2005, 03:11 PM
sournw01blazer, I sent you a PM. Try and see if those instructions work for you? If you haven't already paid the dealership to do it.

sournw01blazer
01-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Turbocpe, I got the code but the ext. code you gave me in invalid you don't happen to have a different one do you?
Thanks for the info anyway.

sournw01blazer
01-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Thank you all for your input. Got the six digit code and called the dealer who got me my code. Thank you all again

Add your comment to this topic!