Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jota Detail Advice

Layla's Keeper
01-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Well, I've decided on a color scheme for the Hasegawa Jota mom got me for Christmas and I decided I'm going to really knuckle down on the detail with this one.

One thing I've decided is that I'm going to replace all the kit plastic mesh (including the icky molded in crap on the rear fenders) with photoetch screen. I've noticed both Acu-Stion and Studio 27 have photoetch detail frets available for the Jota (though Studio 27's is dual purpose Miura/Jota). The main question I have is this; Is the more complete and dedicated Acu-Stion fret worth the extra money over the Studio 27? Or is a lot of the Acu-Stion fret just pointless fluff?

RallyRaider
01-15-2005, 05:29 AM
If you want to replace the mesh on the fenders, go for the S27 set. Acustion only has one rectangle of mesh for the front, I assume. S27 set is way better accuracy and value for money in my opinion. It has mesh for absolutely everywhere and lots of cool little bits for Jota, SV, even S versions. I've got them both and don't envision using much of the Acustion set at all.

mikemechanic
01-15-2005, 10:50 AM
I bought the S27 sheet for mine. I found the Acu-Stion sheet has all the mesh but it is exactly the same mesh for everything whereas the S27 sheet has different size mesh for all the openings. You also get a bunch of stuff for the Muira for almost half the price.

freakmech
01-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Ive got the Miura and Jota and will be ordering the S27 kit this week. More bang for the buck. we should have a Jota build-off hahaha

RallyRaider
01-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I found the Acu-Stion sheet has all the mesh

Are you thinking of the Mura or Jota Acustion sheet? Their Mura fret has a couple of pieces of Mesh but the Jota only has one. Which is nuts considering the Jota as modeled by Hasegawa has many more mesh filled vents. Of course, to get technical it's not rally a Jota that Hasegawa have tooled but a Japanese owned replica called the SVR.

Hopefully the below links will work, if not they're on the MediaMix site:
http://www.mediamixhobby.com.sg/catalog/images/acustion/jota_med.jpg http://www.mediamixhobby.com.sg/catalog/images/s27/st27fp2481_med.jpg

Layla's Keeper
01-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Hmm, a lot of really positive statements about the Studio 27. I may end up going with that one.

However, RallyRaider, Acu-Stion has released a new fret for the 1:24th scale Hasegawa Jota. The fret you posted is for a 1:20th scale kit (probably someone like Entex or Fujimi).

Here's the new Acu-Stion fret.
http://www.hlj.com/images/acs/acs2462.jpg

RallyRaider
01-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Well blow me down you're right LK, never looked at the scale. :banghead: Guess I'll be using even less of the Acustion fret now. :lol:

mikemechanic
01-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Well blow me down you're right LK, never looked at the scale. :banghead: Guess I'll be using even less of the Acustion fret now. :lol:

Apology accepted. :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!