Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

adding cruise control 2000 - Z3, help

quinn408
01-13-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm a new bmw owner just bought a 2000 Z3 which is stripped. Want to add cruise control to keep my foot out of trouble. Have checked several dealers, no go. Aftermarket installers, no go. Emailed bmwusa = they gave me a part # and said the part will work. They also said msrp is $119. However the dealer wants to charge 139 - 159 for the part??? Hello, i told them what was quoted was the msrp not cost from bmwusa, their reply was this is our price. Installation labor & material quoted 375 - 550. One tech indicated that is could be real easy if bmw installed all the wiring already..

Any experience in installing cruise control / suggestions?
Any other source for bmw parts
Recommend a good tech book for the car??

thanks in advance for your help,
Quinn

jaylwalker
12-14-2005, 02:25 PM
any luck? I have a 2000 Z3 that I can't seem to find anyone to help me with adding cruise control.

I'm a new bmw owner just bought a 2000 Z3 which is stripped. Want to add cruise control to keep my foot out of trouble. Have checked several dealers, no go. Aftermarket installers, no go. Emailed bmwusa = they gave me a part # and said the part will work. They also said msrp is $119. However the dealer wants to charge 139 - 159 for the part??? Hello, i told them what was quoted was the msrp not cost from bmwusa, their reply was this is our price. Installation labor & material quoted 375 - 550. One tech indicated that is could be real easy if bmw installed all the wiring already..

Any experience in installing cruise control / suggestions?
Any other source for bmw parts
Recommend a good tech book for the car??

thanks in advance for your help,
Quinn

Add your comment to this topic!