Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

removing door panels

bnrboy775
01-13-2005, 09:45 PM
i was wondering how to romove my door panels on my 98 s-10. i would like to replace the door speakers with something better then stock as they are blown from many nights of cruising with my music up loud..i know im not the only one that has had this problem..but anyway is there a site that i can go to toget an explaination as to how to take them off.. or maybe do you guys think that i should just go out and buy a chiltons guide for my truck?

dmbrisket 51
01-13-2005, 10:15 PM
there are two bolts behind the arm rest, you can see them from the bottom of the door looken up, one screw behind the handle itselfe and then one way clips hold the door on with pressure, start at the bottom with a puddy knife, get one or two pulled out (just pull back) and it should come right out, dont forget to remove the window crank or pwr window and lock plate, for the crank it requires a special tool

bnrboy775
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
okay what kind of tool do i need to use to get the crank off... and how do i do it...i know how to take off ranger doors but i cant see that the s-10 window crank works the same way

dmbrisket 51
01-13-2005, 10:52 PM
its a cut, in a piece of sheet metal, i cant imagine it beign to expencive at autozone, you push up from the bottum, meaning the way that the knob is, you push up and a pin disinguages, and it just pulls right off, never worked on a ranger, unless window tinting is working.

OverBoardProject
01-14-2005, 02:14 AM
I always just bend a small hook in a piece of wire to remove those clips from the window cranks.

Add your comment to this topic!