Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Flashing Brake Light

edlepp
01-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Hi there, I am new to this but am wondering if anyone can help me. My brake light came on about a month ago, and last night when I went for a drive it started flashing in a sequence of about 4 times than would pause and start flashing again, once this started flashing my brakes became really touchy. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any idea what is going on. This is new to me and I have never heard it happen before. Please help if at all possible that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks lots. :uhoh: :confused:

chembrad
01-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Need make/model/year and engine type to be able to help you. Also what is your mileage on your odometer? Have you experienced any other symptoms (decreased gas mileage, stalling at stops) or have you only noticed brake related symptoms?

edlepp
01-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Need make/model/year and engine type to be able to help you. Also what is your mileage on your odometer? Have you experienced any other symptoms (decreased gas mileage, stalling at stops) or have you only noticed brake related symptoms?

Sorry bout that, don't know what I was thinkin. It is a 1991 GMC Jimmy 4x4 with the antilock brake system, my mileage on the odometer is approx 150,000. And you know come to think of it, the gas mileage has gotten a lil worse, but I just assumed it was the mega cold weather we get here up North. There have been absolutely no symptoms other than like I mentioned the sequence of the flashes and when it did start to flash, the pedal became alot more touchy. Not sure what is up with this but any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks a bunch. :biggrin: :nutkick:

BlazerLT
01-14-2005, 12:12 PM
You should take this to a shop.

Don't ever toy around with your brakes when you have problems like this.

Add your comment to this topic!