Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rubbing Alloys

4x4monster
01-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Hi, I just fitted some 16" alloys to my 205 and i am having trouble with the wheels rubbing on the rear arches when the suspension is compressed. Has anyone else had the same problem? I have been told that i can get my arches rolled. But i can't find anywhere that does it in Scotland

Any help would be great.

Christowner
01-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi, what size tyres u using ? I have never tried, but unless u have lowered it, i wouldnt hav ethought 16s would rub.

Most decent boby shops capable of fitting bodykits etc should be able to roll arches. I dont know anywhere in Scotland though . Is it catching on the actual metal arch ? Or the plastic liner / trim ?

4x4monster
01-15-2005, 07:02 AM
the wheels are catching on the rear bumper. And i think the catch on the outer edge of the arch when you go over a big bump. Its hard to tell when i am driving.
Thanks for the help

nialusa
01-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Theres nothing you can do about it, I had the same problems with my`n with only 15`s on, you just have to live with it.

4x4monster
01-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I was wondering if it was normal for 205's to be lower at the back than the front. because mines is a lot lower at the back.

nialusa
01-27-2005, 02:14 PM
I was wondering if it was normal for 205's to be lower at the back than the front. because mines is a lot lower at the back.

It might look lower cause the rear arches are lower than the front ones, measure from the jacking points, they should be the same, If not then someones f@cked up at some point when lowering the car in the past. Ive heard of alot of 205`s having lower fronts than backs cause people cant be arsed to lower the torsion bar but never the other way round???

Add your comment to this topic!