Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Traumatic Experience

bumpinstang77
01-13-2005, 12:26 AM
I was deeply saddened tonight by the loss of a loved one. My brand new (to me) avionixx 1200.2 (class t digital tripath 1200x1@ohms) Had a transistor attack and died. I called the doctor (value electronics aka avionixx) and the indian dude answered (I think he's indian) and i told him my story. Luckily Avionixx is not in the game of banking off people's misfortunes. So It's only gunna cost me about 40 bux with all the shipping to get my baby back up to par. I'm not too sure on the cause of death, but I think it was a severe voltage spike in the rails. I hooked it up and as soon as I turned on my HU i heard the horrible POPPOPPOP sound followed by the dreaded burnt transistor smell. I think when It turned on for some odd reason a power surge went through and with no onboard fuse 8 transistors 9the first four on each side... the small ones) Fried VERY badly. I opened her up and there was no other problems so I think it was just an unfortunate thing .... dammit i shoulda put the fuse on UUUUUGGGGHHHH Why don't they put onboard fuses on these beasts......... oh well Ill get it back all renewed and ready to go before long and only for the small fee of 40-60 bucks and a nice little warranty.

TheSilentChamber
01-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Ouch... I just found out my amp is what was causing the noise noise in my system. blah.

Mannyb18b
01-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Kinda funny (also sad) just the other day we were talking about how you need to put a fuse on there

Add your comment to this topic!