Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

66-67 LeMans??

DartFart
01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Can anyone give some information about these cars......do they ride and drive well and can you get them for less than the similar GTO's.....what should I look for in one if I want to make it my daily driver!
Thanks for the help!

TheSilentChamber
01-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Only real common problem with them I'v seen is lot of rust around the hood vents. Well that and all the other problems associated with 40 year old cars.

blkmonday
01-15-2005, 09:14 PM
i live in the northeast (ct) and around here the le mans are considerably lower price. im actually looking for one myself. i had found a 67 in auto trader that was actually in ct...for only 1500 bucks with a nice rebuilt/modified small block,auto, very solid car that was in drivable condition, complete with extra parts . unfortunately the mortgage that month made me lose the car before i could get a deposit on it. these cars are basically gtos without all the options (console,hood etc.) however they are very easy to make gto clones. theres a large availability of parts and a quick change of the wheels/hood and emblems and your half way there at half the price of the real gto. im a hot rodder guy myself and i dont like to see authentic muscle cars (gto/442/chevelle ss..etc) get hacked up or modified...they were awesome stock and should be restored to stock...however to me le mans, tempest, skylarks, cutlass, etc. make great hot rods or stock. you get to build them the way you want without the die hards getting upset with you for changing it from looking factory new and making exactly the way you want. besides the le mans in its own right was a fantastic car. check hemmings motor news or auto trader and you will see the difference in price...also check your local classic car paper (bargain news here in ct) le mans arent that hard to find. good luck

Add your comment to this topic!