Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tranny question ( kind of long )

KrisSmithRocks
01-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Well i just traded one of my civics for a 93 integra becuase it was this girl who doesn't know anything about cars and thought that she needed a half shaft cause that's what her b/f told her so she brought it into the shop that i work at and when i looked at it it would seem that the passeneger side diferential bearing on the outside is what was bad. I could move the inner plunger joint up and down pretty easily. So i traded her strait across for a little civic that i had just sitting around cause it didn't have any major problems and i just put a new clutch in it. Anyway i was just woundering if this was a problem that happens often or what. I shouldn't be too big of a deal to fix i'll just pull the tranny and see if the bearing caused any damage when it went and put a new bearing in. I was just woundering if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks for any input.

travagliante
01-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Heard of a problem simillar but never acutally experienced it. Hmm def. not the easiest task to undertake but it can be done. I think it would be easier to get a trannsmission from the junkyard that you know is working as apposed to taking that one all apart but hey! but thats my .02

KrisSmithRocks
01-12-2005, 09:19 PM
it's not that big of a deal it's right on the top when you take the first cover off. Hell i might even put in a LSD while i'm in there it probably comes with the new bearings anyway.

Twizted_3KGT
01-13-2005, 06:45 PM
go for it.

Add your comment to this topic!