Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Avalanche electrical problems

kevinmurr
01-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I have a 03 avalanche. Bought it used with 60000kms. I'm having problems with my dash lighting. All the lights on the steering wheel switches failed and the switches were replaced. Then the control knob lights on the stereo went out and the stereo was replaced. Now the off switch on the heater control works intermittenly and the lights on the controls on the rear consoul mounted radio have gone out. I have a feeling the previous repairs were fixing the result rather than the cause. Has anyone got any ideas? As a side note the battery has been replaced

J-Ri
01-29-2005, 01:37 PM
The only thing I can think of that could cause that is the voltage being too high. What's yours at?

RaeDar
02-15-2005, 09:43 PM
My 02 Avalanche is in the shop right now getting the dash torn out for an electrical issue with the lights. They always stay in night mode which wouldn't bother me but come time to trade it in after the warranty expires in June, these are the things they find that brings your trade in down.

Sounds like you have a more intense problem but I hope they find the root of it soon!

Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!