Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NEED HELP!! OIL LEAKAGE!! this is a Jimmy

Rudelet
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I have a 1992 GMC Jimmy. I have about 141000 miles on it. I am at school in northern Minnesota. Anyways on my way up to school i noticed that the oil pressure was decreasing, so i then stopped got out and checked the oil and i put some in. Then i would drive a little more down the road and it would need oil again. I finally made it to school. I knew i had serious problems. i let the engine cool and then i went out to check the problem. I first looked under the vehicle to see where it was leaking. I assumed it was probably the rear main seal. But it seemed to be at the top of the oil pan but to the left (towards the drivers side) maybe about 3-4 inches away from the oil pan. That is where it was leaking. I then put oil in it and i started it to see where it was leaking from. When i started it, it was just rapidly dripping out of that area. I am really baffled on this and it sucks because i just get up to school and it has problems. i am 230 miles from home. Personally i think it is from the lines to and from the oil filter. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APRECIATED!
BYE

BlazerLT
01-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Remote oil cooler lines need to be replaced.

Rudelet
01-11-2005, 11:25 PM
where are they located? are they the lines that go from the oil filter to the pan and back? from the looks of it that is where it is leaking. IT IS LEAKING like a FAUCET. Thank you, I will check tomorrow. How hard are they to replace?

BlazerLT
01-11-2005, 11:50 PM
yes, it is .

Where those line connec to the block is where it is leaking.

Rudelet
01-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Are those hard to fix? I have tools but no garage and it is really cold up here. Thanks

BlazerLT
01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Well, it can be, you will have to loosen the motor mounts and lift up the engine to gain access to them.

Might want to see what you local shops will charge for the replacement.

Rudelet
01-13-2005, 12:42 AM
I am willing to do anything to get it up and running again because it is tough to be up here with out a vehicle. I cant go anywhere and i have to eat at the cafeteria. YUCK!

BlazerLT
01-13-2005, 12:00 PM
ok, well you know, now go and fix it! :D

lou S.
01-14-2005, 08:58 AM
You should be able to get a 1 year warranty on the new lines. Get them changed pronto. If you do them yourself you will need a 2-3' extension in order to ge the bolt out back by the pan. Not a bad job---except in winter.

Add your comment to this topic!