Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

getting jipped?

worlandj
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
My ford was just put into the shop for a crash to the front bumber of the car. I personally think that there wasn't much damage but the dealership keeps on adding things on. for a crash that just damaged the bumber the car was still drivable i thought i only needed exterior repairs. The dealership has so far: gotten parts that supposedly do not fit to the car and have discovered a leak in the water tank. Can the water tank part be true? Where is it, and how would it be damaged if the damage was mainly in the bumber and a little bit on the front hood? Tell me, am i getting jipped?

Mustangman25
01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Possibly, but probably not. If the dealer is claiming 'water tank' damage, then I'm assuming that it's damage to one or both of the tanks of the radiator, which is right at the front of the car, and would certainly be damaged if there was hood and bumper damage. It's really hard to figure out whether or not the dealer is screwing you over or not without pics, or a better description of the damage, as well as the other parts that they keep adding on.

Add your comment to this topic!