Rear Wheel Camber Correction???

slyhog-22056
01-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know how to correct the rear camber angles on a BMW. I have replaced every bushing in the rear of my 84 633 CSi and still have
-4 1/2* camber on the passenger side and -3* on the drivers side. The only logical cure seems to be to relocate the tabs welded to the differential crossmember assy. Every BMW I see has the same problem and if I can find a way maybe I can fab some brackets. I do have access to computerized machinery so I can keep the caster at -1* and put the camber at +1* each side.

crash8168
01-24-2005, 06:03 PM
How long do your tires last at those angles? Bavauto sells some eccentric control arm bushings that will move it some but not that much. I would check my ride height if i was that far off with the rear camber.

slyhog-22056
01-26-2005, 09:10 AM
How long do your tires last at those angles? Bavauto sells some eccentric control arm bushings that will move it some but not that much. I would check my ride height if i was that far off with the rear camber.

I dont have any problems with tire wear at all, I just dont like looking at the rear of my car and seeing /-\ on my tires. As far as I know the ride height is close, but I even tried putting a porta power between the shock mount and body and raising it, it actually stayed about the same. I am not sure what the correct ride height is supposed to be, but I have about 2 1/2" above the tires to wheel well front and rear. I am at a loss this last weekend I tried moving the inner moounting point upwards but found the inner mount on the crossmember has a curved top over it so I could only raise it about 3/4" inch and only took out 1.25* I would have to remove the crossmember and cut off the ones from the factory and make new ones. Guess I will Hhave to rethink it a lot. By the way... do you know where to find rear springs that are original spring rates and not shortened for lowering??? Mine are real weak and just addiing 2 people drops the car 3" Cant find original replacement springs, might have to go with air shocks and make upper brackets

bahwan
02-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Every BMW I see has the same problem
BMW Specs for your car are -2* to -2.3* camber in the rear... all BMW's are designed with negitive rear camber.

slyhog-22056
02-14-2005, 09:31 PM
BMW Specs for your car are -2* to -2.3* camber in the rear... all BMW's are designed with negitive rear camber.

The figures I have are -.2* to -.23* which is a big difference from -2* to -2.3*. These come from the local BMW dealer here. But either way I want them to look correct with little or no negative camber. I guess I will have to find a way... BTW does anyone know a source for exact replacement height rear springs???? Mine are sagging approx 2" according to the bumper height given to me by BMW dealer. Or do I need to find another way to raise the rear height too????? Oh well just a lot of little stuff here and there..... But I love my BMW (too much according to my wife and son)

Add your comment to this topic!